General Health Community
dizziness , palpitations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

dizziness , palpitations

Hi I was wondering if you could help me. Last week i was very busy in work and had been rushing around alot. I suddenly felt dizzy as if i was gonna pass out, palpitations, shaking, tunnel vision and sweating.  I had eaten breakfast that morning 4 hours prior to the incident.  I had also only had about 4 hours sleep the night before.

I sat down had an apple and the feeling went away after about 15 mins.

The problem is now is that i feel very  anxious about the incident and keep thinking i have a serious heart problem.

I do suffer from lightheadiness and palpitations every now again, and saw a cardiologist last year. Had bloods, ecg, 48 hrs holter monitor and all came back normal.

I do suffer from Chronic fatique syndrome, low blood pressure and  occasional anxiety. Thankyou for your time.

I suggest seeing your doctor just to make sure! I t could be hypoglycemia!
Your body needs a steady supply of sugar in order to function. If glucose levels become too low, as occurs with hypoglycemia, it can have these effects on your brain:
Confusion, abnormal behavior or both, such as the inability to complete routine tasks
Visual disturbances, such as double vision and blurred vision
Seizures, though uncommon
Loss of consciousness, though uncommon
Hypoglycemia may also cause these other signs and symptoms:
Heart palpitations, Shakiness, Anxiety, Sweating, Hunger.
These symptoms aren't specific to hypoglycemia. There may be other causes. An intravenous blood sample to test your blood sugar level at the time of these signs and symptoms is the only way to know for sure that hypoglycemia is the cause. It's my guess that's what it was and after you ate the apple you felt better. Please see your doctor just to be sure!
just go and see your family doctor
Not at all u r having any problem of heart. Exactly you have not mentioned your age but it seems in between 30 - 40. So not to worry. If you are above 45 just get the blood pressure checked from Doctor. If needed he will go for ECG. As it was a single episode, immediately you follow a strict schedule for everything. Breakfast in morning 8 to 9 am. Lunch in between 12 to 1 pm (3 Chapatis), 4 pm Tea and 3 to 4 biscuits. 8 pm have a dinner (3 Chapatis). Do not sleep immediately after dinner. At least go for brisk walking for 30 minutes in the morning (5:30 to 6:30 am) or in the evening (6pm to 7 pm.). Forget about episode and don't think more. Follow god life style. Leave smoking etc if any.