General Health Community
drunken, imbalance state WITHOUT alcohol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

On Jan 11, 2005 had a second laminectomy. By August of 2005, I started walking like a drunken sailor. Waited for a year with no change to inbalance before going back to Neuro-surgeon. After a review of another MRI, she stated "i don't see anything".  And that was it.  (she moved later that year). Since then saw about 5 Neurologist and 1 Orthopedic doctor. Got lot of Physical therapy during the in between doctor reviews. (to no avail)  All Neurologist  (and orthopedic doctor) visits failed to provide any answers. However, the Neurologist prior to current Neurologist stated I "did not have Parkinson Desease". When I asked her what was causing my  imbalance, she merely pointed to the top of her head.  That told me she had no idea of the cause of my problem.  Saw current Neurologist last year
and he finally decided I had 'mild Parkinson Desease'. Other then imbalance I had no Parkinson Desease symptoms.  I'm now on Senemet 25/100, 3 times daily.  Previous doctor said I don't have Parkinson, now current doctor says I have 'mild' Parkinsons.  Who's right  ?????  As I said, drunken state in that have little to no balance, pressure over eyes, on- off double vision....in other words a state of drunkeness without any use of alcohol. I am 82 years of age, so I know (from the past) what drunkenness entails and the feeling of drunkeness.  Have another appointment with a 'Balance problem' specialist on 6 June 2013 at Jefferson Hospital, Philadelphia.  I forgot to say I've had MRI's of the brain, neck as well a CT scans and many, many blood tests over the past 5 years.
If this last visit does not pan out will look for a chair, and just sit down and wait to die.........

This discussion is related to CA MRSA and Moving Forward.
Are you taking your vitamins?  A lack of Magnesium can cause dizziness and a plethora of other symptoms.  You didn't mention your diet either.  If you are eating too many processed foods it could have an impact on your health.  Lutein and Bilberry might help your eyes.  Do you have FBS?  Failed Back Syndrome?  Happens to some after back surgery.  Do you take NSAIDs for the pain?  Perhaps it's a rebound affect of the meds.  600 IUs of Vitamin E is also helpful for those with Parkinson's.  You may not have it, but it wouldn't hurt to take the vitamin either. It works better if you take it with Vitamin C, lipoic acid and CoQ10.  Get the d-alpha tocopherol (natural) type.  The dry form of Vitamin E is best.  Other antioxidants can also help such as Grapeseed extract. ~  I hope this information is helpful.
Hi, This could be an imbalance in your ears, go see an ear speecialist and get checked out, new somebody years ago when I worked in a pub, a customer used to come in walking as if he was drunk, but it was all down to this imbalence, never new if he ever got it corrected.
Good Luck
note:  had complete ear and eye check out. Nothing noted.......
Note:  last two neurologist indicated I DID NOT have mild Parkinson desease, which I agree with..............
after 7 1/2 years, 7 neurologist, one orthopedic  doctor, an ENT doctor and an Optometrist  doctor.....I have come across 3 Neurologist doctors:  A balance specialist, A optometrist specialist and a neuromuscular  specialist.
I started with the  balance specialist in June 2013. As of January 14, 2014
my imbalance problem seems to be 'sensory ataxia'. My treatment would be IVIG for an immune deficiency. However, there is no assurance of regaining my balance. Damn near 8 years and many doctors to find my imbalance problem. Hope I'm not too late for treatment....... I should have been advised of the specialists years ago......1644