General Health Community
elevated leukocytes

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

elevated leukocytes

Today I went for a follow up for a blood test that I had taken last week and my dr. told me that I have high leukocyte count. He stated that normal is around 40% and mines was 60%.  I am not sure what this means as he told me it could be a viral infection as comibined with other symptoms such as skin, sudden allergic reaction to ibuprofen, fatigue, runny nose (could be from a cold that i just got over) that it could be mono. What is the chance that this is leukemia or another cancer?  The dr. said he wanted to repeat the blood work next week again

Any input would be helpful. I am kind of a worry wart so i would be grateful for any input.