excessive head sweating
I have had excessive head sweating for the past 2 years,i am post menopause and very active.I do not feel comfortble enough anymore to enjoy life no one wants to hug a sweathog!!I take zoloft for panic attacks and vasotech 5mg daily for bp which has never been over 140/80 but Dr. said it was time to watch it.I may be 15lbs overweight but i could sweat that off tonight. I was a chronic prescribed diet pill user[tenuate] but stopped three years ago with no problem.i really would like to feel normal again and stop being embarassed.The last person i saw sweat this way died of a heart attack!!! Need some good advice,Joanie b
is the sweating part of a hot flush? did it begin after menopause?
is there sweating in other parts of the body?
usually identifuing other reasons than hot flushes is not helpful, and treatment might be
1)not thinking it is severe
2)trying to avoid excessive heat
best wishes
Zoloft is in a class of drugs called SSRIs, which are known ti cause the miserable sweats in some people.  I first had my doctor prescribed Ciproheptadine and it worked so well that the sweats were totally gone in one week.  Unfortunately, it caused me to gain 7 lbs in about 2 month so I found another drug called Benztropine that has also helped.
I passed through menopause 12 years ago, so I knew my sweats were not related to that miserable thing!