excessive sweating of the back of the head or neck
Everytime I do any activity walking up stairs run the vacuum walk around the store I have excessive sweating of the back of the head my hair becomes soaking wet. It looks like i just steeped out of the shower i can ring the water from my hair my face gets flushed but if i sit down i cool off and then i am ok. I have had thyroid blood tests 3 times 2 times were normal 1 time was abnormal. I asked my doctor and he says its the antidepressent paxil I am taking, so I am weaning off of it to see if this helps. My hands do tremble slightly and i do get panic attacks and am nervous. No chest pains. Any ideas?

This discussion is related to Profuse Sweating from Forehead.
i have this exact problem.....i also have buzzings in the back of my head where the sweating is.....i take cymbalta and xanax and other drugs
I also, recently, have been experiencing the sweating of the face, head and neck. I take Paxil (40mg) once a day and at bed time along with a water pill, Hydrochlorothiazide (25mg).  During the day if I exert myself, even the smallest amount, I'm wringing wet.  Its disgusting!  Unfortunately, it IS a side effect of the Paxil. I was on Effexor from 1987-2001. I was switched to Paxil (because I had moved and my new insurance wouldn't cover Effexor any longer) after a week long withdrawal period to get the Effexor out of my system. I have been on Paxil ever since (11yrs.) and I have only experienced the sweating issue for the past 2yrs. I had a COMPLETE hysterectomy in 2001 (age:31, 185lbs.) as well, and experienced the "hot flashes" but those dissipated rather quickly. In 2006 (age: 37, 202lbs.) I experienced chest pains and had a Heart Cath. done and everything was "normal".  However, I have gained over 75lbs. since the surgery, and I'm sure the sweating has something to do with that as well (currently age:43, 265lbs.).  To help suppress the effects, I wear lighter clothes, keep my hair short, sleep with a fan and try to watch what I eat and lose weight.  Its hell getting old!  :0(  Sorry people, but, unfortunately, we just have to live with it.
I'm curious if anyone has any new information.  I too have excessive sweating and do take cymbalta.  However, the sweatng didn't start until I stopped cymbalta for a month, and because the side effects of withdrawal were so horrible, I went back on cymbalta.  It's been four months I've been back on it and still have the sweats.