General Health Community
excessive sweating of the back of the head or neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Everytime I do any activity walking up stairs run the vacuum walk around the store I have excessive sweating of the back of the head my hair becomes soaking wet. It looks like i just steeped out of the shower i can ring the water from my hair my face gets flushed but if i sit down i cool off and then i am ok. I have had thyroid blood tests 3 times 2 times were normal 1 time was abnormal. I asked my doctor and he says its the antidepressent paxil I am taking, so I am weaning off of it to see if this helps. My hands do tremble slightly and i do get panic attacks and am nervous. No chest pains. Any ideas?

This discussion is related to Profuse Sweating from Forehead.
i have this exact problem.....i also have buzzings in the back of my head where the sweating is.....i take cymbalta and xanax and other drugs
I also, recently, have been experiencing the sweating of the face, head and neck. I take Paxil (40mg) once a day and at bed time along with a water pill, Hydrochlorothiazide (25mg).  During the day if I exert myself, even the smallest amount, I'm wringing wet.  Its disgusting!  Unfortunately, it IS a side effect of the Paxil. I was on Effexor from 1987-2001. I was switched to Paxil (because I had moved and my new insurance wouldn't cover Effexor any longer) after a week long withdrawal period to get the Effexor out of my system. I have been on Paxil ever since (11yrs.) and I have only experienced the sweating issue for the past 2yrs. I had a COMPLETE hysterectomy in 2001 (age:31, 185lbs.) as well, and experienced the "hot flashes" but those dissipated rather quickly. In 2006 (age: 37, 202lbs.) I experienced chest pains and had a Heart Cath. done and everything was "normal".  However, I have gained over 75lbs. since the surgery, and I'm sure the sweating has something to do with that as well (currently age:43, 265lbs.).  To help suppress the effects, I wear lighter clothes, keep my hair short, sleep with a fan and try to watch what I eat and lose weight.  Its hell getting old!  :0(  Sorry people, but, unfortunately, we just have to live with it.