General Health Community
feel bad all the time.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

feel bad all the time.

I am tired of feeling bad.  I have bad headaches lately I have hard cramps in my chest some but mostly in my stomach and right below my navel.  the cramps get quite intense.  leaves me sore for a couple of days.  gine for a few days and then the same thing.  no one thinks anything is wrong.  the doctor did blood test said everything was fine.  I was having weak spells and cold sweats so back my hair got wet and dripped on to the floor.  I quit taking my Lipitor.  some of those problems have gone away.  I feel I have more strength but don't push myself too far.,,what could be causing this any ideas?  my doctor says I am ok my niece says oh there is nothing wrong with you.  why do I get these spells and feel sick when I get them.  I am on depression meds.  and anxiety meds and thyroid pills.  they seem to be doing fine.  mandy876
Lipitor is a medication used to lower high cholesterol levels.  Cholesterol medications do not suit everybody and it was televised some years ago on UK TV of people having adverse problems with taking these medications.

My husband was prescribed to take a medication for cholesterol, but having read the adverse reactions it can cause, decided not to take it.  My advice to him was not to take it.  

As you are sweating a lot and feeling weak, if the doctor has not found any bacterial infections, you may have a viral infection.

The cramps you have been experiencing could be trapped wind.  Keep an eye on what you are eating to see if that is what is causing the problem.

I haven't reached your age yet.  But the body does slow down as we get older.  We can't run around like when we were 20 anymore.  
Pace yourself, you know your body best.  Do what you can and take things easy.  You can also join clubs for the over 50s that do gentle physical activities and swimming is also good at any age.  Go out for little walks in the fresh air every day if you can, this will make you gradually feel better and any form of physical exercise is good to ease feelings of depression.

With you having headaches, these may be from stress and anxiety, but the doctor should also check your blood pressure.  Either too low or too high blood pressure can cause headaches.  If it is too high, you doctor should monitor that for a few weeks before deciding whether you require medication to reduce the hypertension.  At home, cut down the amount of salt you consume.  Salt is added into a lot of foods.

Hope you get on OK

Best wishes.
I am old I am 73 could this be how old people feel?

Hope you get on OK

Best wishes.
Hi, Mandy! :-)  I, too, am on several meds for various mental issues.  I have never taken Liptor (liptor).  I just looked it up and it apparently control cholesterol levels and helps with heart health.  Do you have problems with your cholesterol and/or heart?  This concerns me because if you have these problems, it is VERY important for you to continue to take Lipitor.  As far as the fatigue, this is caused by your body tensing due to anxiety.  You may not notice it happening... I noticed it in myself, and my doctor gave me tramadol to control chronic fatigue.  It works well.  WARNING: tramadol is addictive.  It must be taken ONLY as prescribed, if this is what your doctor wants to give you.  You can ask him for something non-addictive to control the fatigue, if that would make you more comfortable.  God Bless - Blu
My next-door-neighbour was prescribed with cholesterol lowering medication and had to come off it because it was causing him severe reactions.  He felt much better once he stopped taking them.  I have also read that it can make symptoms of dementia and Altzheimer's much worse.  

Tramadol is a strong pain reliever and like BluCrystal says it is addictive.
I was prescribed with Tramadol for my severe arthritic pains, but I had an allergic reaction after taking a dose.  It made me feel extremely dizzy and nauseous and the slightest movement made me feel extremely ill.  The doctor confirmed that this was an reaction to the Tramadol.  So care must be taken and the medication stopped if there are any side effects.

Is your doctor a cardiologist?  I think you should see a heart specialist.  Extreme sweating and stomach cramps can be a sign of heart problems.

Even nausea can be related to the heart... please get a referral if you need one or make an appointment to see a cardiologist.
I was taking Lipitor for cholesterol it was high.  I have  been seeing on tv that in women it can make you have heart attacks and increase the chance of getting diabetis.  my bro In law was on it for the same reason.  high cholesterol.  it was destroying his muscles.  his arms and legs were getting weak and had already done some damage.  I got scared and quit it.  I have not told my doctor yet.  I am trying to find another good doctor that will take medicare patients.  it is hard to find a good doctor that wants to mess with medicare,  I think my chest pains I think or coming from I had a mastectomy and I think it is easy to pull the muscles in there.  I had a mri 2 years ago and they said I have dark spots on my chest where I had my surgery, my liver and the bottom of my lungs.  the mri man gave me 3 tests and said there were changes thought it was nothing to worry about.  of course I do. I just want to know what is wrong and actually have the doctor listen to me and at least act like he cares.  mandy876
Sorry to hear about medical problems.

I agree with you about not taking the cholesterol medication.  There have been too many people's health ruined by them.

We have good and bad cholesterol and sometimes the number given to a patient is the total of the two, which makes it confusing.  You can lower your cholesterol through diet.  With my weight I am classed as morbidly obese, but my cholesterol levels are normal.  Strange!

It is very natural to worry about your health, and especially when the MRI man told you what he did.  As you had the scan done 2 years ago, has the doctor given you any indication when you should have a follow-up to check whether there is any change?  If not, may be you should mention this to him and also ask him what it all means.

If you are experiencing chest pains now, do not assume that these are muscular, they may be, but it is worth you seeing your doctor to check your chest and listen to your lungs.

Hope you get on OK,

Best wishes.

I was talking about that today.  got to check and find out when I had my last mammogram and bone density test.  hope it has improved.  don't know once you get osteoporosis  can it get better.  got to check that out.  this evening I starting hurting again.  it is in the late evening when the pains start in.  dreading to go back to the doctor.  he is an internist. I had cancer 27 years ago I still fear every time I have any ind of test done. mandy876
As far as I am aware, once you have osteoporosis (thinning of the bones), you will need to take calcium and Vitamin D (helps absorb the calcium) all the time.  But the doctor should be able to advise you on this.

Best wishes.
I could not take the pills tended to swell my throat and I could not belch.  it was scarry I paced the floor.  so they put me on a nose spray.  I asked the pharmacist about it.  he said it will absorb through the skin and want have the bad reactions I had. mandy876
I take Ipriflavone for my osteopenia.  it helps build bone without taking calcium.  However, I still take Magnesium as it prevents muscle cramps and spasms.  Ipriflavone is available at health food stores.
PS To reduce cholesterol levels we can try:  Guggul, flaxseed, ginger root, amino acids, or cayenne.  Some use spirulina.   I take ALA (flaxseed) and Lysine. It also helps build collagen and may help osteoporosis.  - Arginine is recommended for lowering cholesterol but you can't take it if you have any type of herpes, including herpes simplex (cold sores) because it will make you break out if you have it.   You can't take both Arginine and Lysine at the same time as it causes a conflict somehow.  Good health to you - hope this info helps.
thank you.  the problems with the lipitar is too great a risk.  all I need is more problems.  no herpes. I hope my pains or just muscular.  but I can be sitting still and all of a sudden I start having chest pains.  not really hard pains.  kind of a achy dull pain just enough to be un comfortable.  I am 73 too old to have to worry to much longer.  thank you I might try your advice.  mandy 876
At our age (I'm 69)  I recommend taking Magnesium.  A lack of Magnesium causes all kinds of  leg cramps, and tics and zaps and other symptoms.  We just don't get enough of it in our diets.  My Mom is 94 and takes several supplements including Magnesium, flaxseed, Cod liver oil, Acidophilus, and Milk Thistle.  She recently added Elderberry for her sinuses.  - Mom is more active than I am!  She takes Argenine at bedtime to help with incontinence.  She has almost reversed her diabetes and the doctors are amazed.  I hope you are able to resolve your chest pain problems.... The doctor gave me Nitro for mine... but I do have heart problems.
PS  Just remembered - a warm bath with Epsom salts is a good way to get Magnesium into you.  You actually can absorb enough Magnesium from the Epsom salts to stop leg cramps... might help your chest pains too.... Maybe a nightly soak in Epsom salts will do the trick!
My aunty at the age of 76 had to have a breast removed due to cancer.  She has to take calcium for osteoporosis.  She was also prescribed with vitamin D but was ill with this and kept getting blisters appear on her fingers so she has had to stop taking the vitamin D.

What is the nasal spray you use?  As this might be better for my aunty rather than the pills she has to swallow.

Hope you are feeling better now.
Best wishes.
I hope this will help her it is calcitonin-salmon 200 units sp.  I have not had a bone density test since I got on this so I hope it does work.  I have not had as many pains.  I am just tired.  I have been sleeping most of the time.  I just don't wake up or I will lay just a little longer and go back to sleep.  I stay ttired.  mandy876
Thanks for that Mandy.  As you are feeling so tired all the time, see your doctor to check you out for anaemic problems and Vitamin B12 deficiency.

I am feeling tired a lot too, but I put it down to my arthritic problems and possibly may have a virus.

Best wishes.
I have arthritis too. mostly in my jaw TMJ my joint in my jaw jas atyjtitus and is wearing out.  it got better.  now it has began the popping again.  and it really hurts,  my little fingers are bent especially the one on the left hand.  it aches. my wrists and hands joints all hurt.  don't you get tired of all the hurts and problems? my depression really gets me down.  I will do real good for a few days or weeks.  then I seem to kind of crash and I just want to quit fighting.  I get so tired.  thank you mandy876
I know the feeling.  I get really tired with all the aches and pains, stiffness and loss of health and mobility.  I am not classed as a disabled person.  

The doctor has put me on an antidepressant (Citalopram works for me) to help me cope mentally with the physical problems.  And last week the Triage physiotherapist sent my doctor a letter to prescribe Amitriptylene.  This is an antidepressant, but helps with nerve traps in the body.  Only started on that last night so will see how things go.

Just pace yourself so that you do not do too much in one day.

For your wrists problem, you can buy wrist splints (or you can strap a bandage round).  What this does is to support the wrist and hands.  You can sleep with the wrist supports.  When you have pain in your fingers, do not bend them, try and keep the fingers straight.  Unfortunately, once your finger is bent, you won't be able to straighten it out now.  

You may find natural anti-inflammatories helpful.  There are quite a few on the market - Celaritis, Litozin, Cherry capsules, cod liver oil, etc.  I find that some foods may my finger joints hurt more.

Keep a food diary and jot down each day how you feel to see if any foods are making you feel worse.

If you are feeling depressed Mandy, go and see your doctor so that he can prescribe an antidepressant for you.  It doesn't stop the aches and pains, but it does help you cope mentally.  It also helps to see friends, and to go out for a short walk in the fresh air.  Gently exercises in the swimming pool are also good, not only for the physical side of things, but also mentally too. I know that when you feel depressed you don't feel like doing anything and just want to sleep.

Best wishes.

I don't have any friends left.  most of them moved away or died.  the weakness in my legs keeps me from walking too far.  I break out in a cold sweat and feel like I am going to faint.  I am on venlafaxine (Effexor 75mg) he increased it and it helped for a while a year or so and now I am going through some stuff with the family.  it doesn't feel good to be left out of things. I ordered some gloves that fit on the fingers but they are not tight on the wrists. so theydid help my fingers and hands but nit the wrist.  just going to wrap them.  I don't eat very much  maybe one meal aday.  I do snack a little I eat stuff with peant butter it has protein hope this helps.  I drink boost.  I like the vanilla my grandson came a couple of weeks ago he found them and he loves them I looked he drank the vanilla.  the chocolate is too rich.  I have acied reflux.  got pills for that too.  cant lay flat on my bed  have to use 3 pillows.  wish I did have a swimming  pool.  this summer we maybe go to the lake and  swim.  thank you so much  mandy876.  
If you feel the Effexor 75mg is not helping you now, go back to the doctor.  He either may increase them again, or put you on a different antidepressant.  There are different ones available and it's a bit of a trial and error finding one that suits you.

I know the feeling with weak legs.  I am having a problem with this too.  
I too suffer from acid reflux, but if I eat small amounts of food and also ensure that they are not too fatty and don't overstuff myself or drink alcohol, I am OK.  I have been prescribed with pills for this, but don't take them.

Do you not have a leisure centre near to you that you could swim there?  I wouldn't swim in a lake, there are too many bugs, parasites and protozoa in lake water, you could end up with more problems.

Are there any over 50s clubs near you that you could join, socialise and make new friends?  I must admit that I am not the going out type now that I have bad health.  Went swimming tonight and that was because I had my 6 year old granddaughter with me.  Otherwise I would have stayed in bed.  But it felt really good in the water.  The water is weight bearing and good exercise for arthritic problems.  You don't have to swim, just do what you feel comfortable with.

If you had a swimming pool, there would be too much time on maintenance and keeping it clean.  Cheaper to and pay for an hour's session in the swimming pool at the leisure centre.

Why do you think you are being left out of things?  

Amazon are selling for the price of $12.27
Women's Therapy Gloves for Women- (One Pair) Arthritis Wrist, Carpal Tunnel Gloves with Hand Pain Relief - Women's Gloves
by Jobar
These gloves have Velcro around the wrist and the tips of the fingers are not covered by the gloves.

These may suit you better.  Check them out.

Best wishes.
I will check the gloves tonight and order them.  thank you.  when my mom was alive and well.  we were always invited to my other nieces house.  we went to all their birthdays thanksgiving Christmas and all the other holidays.  when mom got sick they quit asking and calling  and she asked for them the last time I called her to let mom talk when they got through she told me cant you call my sister instead of me.  I never called her again.  they only loved her and me when the money was being spent.  we went shopping a lot. no we donot have a swimming pool here that I know of.  o think since i lost so much weight I would be uncomfortable.  I have not tried my swim suit on yet.  I had a mascetomy and have to wear a special suit for the prothesis.  I ant even sit in a bath tub.  I cant get up.  the last time I did got scared like to never  got out of the tub.  mandy876
Well, if you did go swimming, you definitely would need supervision.  
Telephone your surgery and ask if there are any rehabilitation groups that you could join.

Families are awful.  My mother cut me out of everything last year, told lies about me to my siblings and they all think I owe them all an apology.  (For looking after my parents for years and doing everything for them).  My father has Altzheimers so he can't remember anything.  I feel sad for him, but there is nothing I can do anymore.  I have my own health problems that have got worse, and my siblings are much younger than I am and it's about time that they started to look after the parents.

Haven't had any contact from them since last October and I feel much better mentally for it.  It did take a while to get used to it.

If a friendship is based on money, it isn't worth holding on to it.
Find out if there are any clubs near your area for senior citizens that you could join.

Best wishes.
your family is about like mine.  my family fell apart after my daddy died. 2 years after that I had cancer surgery.  I know my mom and hubby was there I don't know if my sister was there my bro in law  they saai he came in to see me in the icu room.  they never came for a visit after that.  my hubby died 2 years later  they came to his funeral but did not come to the hospital while he was dieing.  my mom and I slept on the couches in the emergency rooms.  they came in and told me he was gone.  they were not going to ressesitate him any more.  I called his sisters and brothers and they all came,  the second time they did not make it in time.  I thought I was going to die I had cancer he was ok.  he was special  he told me not to worry about my mom he would make sure she got groceries and was taken.  after his funeral my best friend.  I asked her to get my sister.  she said they had gone home.  they never bothered to come back.  I took care of my mom at first she stayed at her home.  it wasgetting king of hard.  she kept getting bills sent to the wrong people and getting upset.  I would nearly have to go over there every day.  so I talked her I to coming home with me.  not a soul came to see her or care if she had food or meds.  I don't worry about myself.  I am used to being ignored.  they came in those 6 years 3 times.  I still can not forgive them.  none of them.  my niece that lives with me now.  swhe came moved in and made me want to live again.  not really.  the pills the doctor stopped the crying  and the sick \ness in the pit of my stomach.  I would not be here if it wasn't for her.  I did over take my pills onpurpose.  she was throwing my things away.  I was so upset and begged her not to.  but she said I didn't need those things.  I guess I didn't.  iam still alive 5 years later.  I didn't take the right pills or enough pills.  she told my doctor and he said what I took would just make me sleep.  I wanted to go to sleep and not wake up.  if I took too many I thought I would get sick and lose them.  bad day.  I have not done that again.  my effexors got doubled.  I am feeling bad again.  I have told you some things I haven't been able to talk about. I will talk later. mandy876
I see you have blocked your private message board.

I do feel that you would benefit from counselling.  This would enable you to talk about all the hurt you are feeling and will help you to put things into perspective.  

The thing with counselling is not to forget things, but to help you deal with what has happened.  

If you keep clinging on to the hurt and bitterness of how you have been treated by your family, this festering is making you ill.  Things have happened, and they were not nice.  They are in the past, so leave them in the past and move forward.  If you have any hobbies or anything you enjoy, then do that and concentrate on yourself more.

When I think about what I used to have, it does upset and depress me.  So I don't think about it and enjoy what I have.  Staying angry about things that have happened does not change anything.  

Counselling would help by you talking about things and getting things out into the open, which is better than bottling things inside of you.

If you are unwell and have a virus or bacterial infection, that will make you feel depressed too.  The changeable weather doesn't help much.

I know the feeling about people throwing away things.  My son and husband started to "sort" and throw out my stuff last week.  I don't have any energy to tackle things.  I did look in the bin to see if I could retrieve anything. LOL.

Hope you start to pick up soon.  Put some cheering music on to brighten up your mood.

Best wishes.  
I did not know my private message board was blocked.  how do I unblock it.  I did that and I decided not to think about them and go on with my life.  but if they di decide to call and ido not answer the phone   they bent out of shape not that I care.  then when the tornado hit the town where my sister lives I got so worried.  then I got made at myself for worrying about them.  there is something wrong with me. it does hurt for someone not to care about your feelings.  throw your favorite things away like it doesn't matter to any one.  I am a person that does not like change.  I have always been this way.  giving up my old couch was hard to do.  it was 26 years old.  I made that decision myself after  being nagged to death.  the kids were coming for the weekend and no bed.  I told her go get a couch that makes into a bed.  I was sick and told her what I wanted.  I thought oh no she will buy something stupid I want like.  she bought one I really liked.  the kids were excited and told me it was theirs.  of course it is in the living room and we could not walk through there all weekend. only way to the front door.  I  thought I had forgiven them then mt sister calls and tells me we are no longer welcome.  then everything came back up again. it is hard. mandy876
You go into your Profile and then click on Account Settings.  Scroll down and tick the box that says "Sends me a private Message" then scroll down and press "Apply".  

I don't like change either
Well, you know where you stand with your sister.  So try not to worry about it anymore.

Best wishes.
I don't know what I write down some one keeps removing it this is the second time.  my sis was 6 years older than me and did not want a little sister  she got what she wanted.  she demanded so much that I was happy with what I got .  I did need all the stuff she had to have,  we were never close.  at the last when me and my hubby was staying with mom and dad while he was dieing with cancer.  they came in all dressed up.  mom said where is the camera she is so pretty.  I was sitting in daddys chair at the foot of his bed.  I heard him say take a picture of her to she is pretty  mom said but look at her.  my dad just smiled at me and we had the most pleasant eye contat.  he finally realized  how I was treated.  he loved me.  he said I was his little stand by.  mandy876      
Go into your profile, click on "Account Settings",
Near the top find "Privacy" and click on that.

There will be a box that comes up that you can say if you want people to send you a message and whether you want people to see your other profile options.

Click the appropriate box/es and then click "Apply" at the bottom of the page.
You clearly still have a lot of unresolved issues that are bugging you.

I understand how you felt, because I had a similar situation with a sister two years younger than myself.  Pictures of her were put up on the wall, but not of me and my other sister.  Parents don't realise how hurtful that can be to a young child.

Don't know if you have any children of your own, but now matter even when you love and treat them equally, there is always sibling rivalry between them.

I only had 1 sister she was 6 years older than me.  she was spoiled.  she got what she wanted.  she was the pretty one the popular one.  they would be strict with anyone she went out with. my mom would put the alarm clock behind the divan in  their living room and scare them half to death.  she would call out time to go home.  I love my mom she was great.  they never did things like that to me.  they never  screened my dates.  in thinking back now.  I think they trusted me and knew I would not put myself in a bad situation.  one time I was on a date.  new guy.  we were in his convertible.  it started raining and we were at a  car hop place where all the kids gathered.  I called daddy and said can I be a little late for my curfew.  it is raining and the top in down on his car we were under a awing thing.  he said 30 minutes is all.  he might have to get his car wet,  I said tthanks dad I love you.  it slowed down and every body around there jumped out and got the top put up  I got home on time.  those were the good days.  I loved some of them.  mandy876
ive been told they can not help me hre.  so I wanted to tell you how sweet you are and thank you  for wasting your time with me.  I am crying I cantt see the keys..  by mandy876
Who told you that "they can not help you here"?

You have NOT been wasting my time with you.  So get that out of your head.

You clearly have psychological problems as well as your physical ones.
And the best way to get rid of emotional problems that are festering is by talking about them.

Although I am not a practising counsellor, I do have qualifications general counselling.  

Follow the instructions in my previous message to you, so that we can correspond through the message board instead of this forum.

Best wishes.
go to the depression site.  they said i cant be helped by them they have done all they can do.  so oh  well i should get used to being dumped.  you have been an enormous pleasure and friend to me.  i will keep in touch with you,  mandy876
I have sent you a reply on the Depression Forum.

I hope that it will give you some guidance and help you through this low feeling of yours.

I have read some of the messages.  They aren't dumping you.  People can choose whether to respond to questions or not.

But what I have read, is that because you are not taking on board some of the advice, I got the impression that things are not progressing or moving forward.  

I do not know how long ago it is that you lost your husband and mother, but the time may be too soon for you to move on with your life.  You are still clearly in the bereaving stage.

Do go and have a chat with your doctor and ask for help as mentioned in my other message to you.

Best wishes.
my husband died 24 years.  my mom 7 years ago.  I miss them just as much then as I do now.  they were my life.  I love them and don't want to live without them.  they were all I had. my dad died 28 years and my cancer was 26 years ago.  my husband wasnt old why did god have to take him too?  I wish I understood why I got left alone.
Unfortunately life is very hard when we lose our loved ones and it is hard to understand why.

You must try and understand that in this life things happen, accidents, illnesses and diseases.  There are illnesses that can be cured and others can't.  Also genes and genetics, our immune system, lifestyles, chemicals in the world we live in all play a role in how long we live.

You need to just accept that's how things are.  Once you stop asking God why He "took your loved ones", but accept that's what happens to all living creatures on this Earth, then it will be easier for your to move on and get on with your own life now.

Be thankful to God that he is looking after your loved ones.

Have you had your kitten yet?  This will help you with focussing your mind on looking after the kitten.

Best wishes.
he was too much to handle,  he was a little I had to keep peeling him off the back of my chair.  and off the sofa.  I am a little to old to chase a kitten around.  I know he will find a good home.  he was a cutie,  I was really getting to love him.  I could not go in when we took him back.  I am a big baby I  cried while she was in there I told her to ask about the mother of all the kittens,  but she didn't.  we are already on water rationing we water Wednesday and Saturday only.  must be expecting a hot summer.  it has already been to 100 to hot to be outside.  your friend mandy876
LOL.  Sounds funny about you having to chase the kitten around.
But don't worry about the kitten, I am sure he will find a good home.

It must be really hot where your are.  I hate the hot weather.
We have had a lot of rain.

Best wishes.
My Mother and one sister were worrywarts and they felt lots better once they had a doctor who was able to understand them.  My Mother went to a "senior's club" where she made friends.  She joined different groups (although she was always a very quiet person she stepped out of her comfort zone) and enjoyed herself.  My dear, 70 is NOT old, it's just a frame of mind.  Think young, do things you always wished you had had the time for.  Read some books.  Make friends with those younger than you--you may surprise yourself and enjoy life more.  I will be 71 my next birthday and I don't feel old.  I work a 40-hour week, I have friends of various ages and my husband will be 74 his next birthday.  He golfs, volunteers at the local rec center, is active in several clubs and we are both active in our daughter and granddaughters lives--with limitations.  You obviously have a niece who cares for you, so just share your concerns with her and that you wish to expand your horizons--it's NEVER too late.  Go to a movie, watch a game show.  Someone told my Mother if you kept your mind active, you could ward off Alzheimers, so she did word-find puzzles and watched game shows.  She was very self-conscious about only completing sixth grade -- her father died when she was young and she and her younger brother had to work to help their mother...this was in the twenties, so it was no easy task.  
Please think positive--you can accomplish anything even though it may take time.  My Mother was delivering "meals on wheels" to the "older" folks when she was 79 years old.  When she was 80, we took her on a vacation to Ireland with us and she loved.  She celebrated her birthday while on the trip and everyone in the group, as well as the restaurant we were in, sang happy birthday to her when a small cupcake with a candle was delivered to her.  She was surprised but delighted and emotionally moved that strangers would do that for someone...and strangers in a foreign country at that.
At ages 80 and 82, my husband's parents came to Kenya for a month's visit...we all went on several safari's and had a great time.
I don't feel old, I feel more empowered with my experiences and knowledge.  My husband taught me to find humor in life and I am grateful to him.  Looking on the bright side is much better.  I had breast cancer when I was 59.  I decided then that it was a good opportunity to get rid of both the old ones and get two new perky ones and to never look back.  Since then I have had both knees replaced (two years out now) and am currently home recuperating from a bunionectomy which is going to make walking and dancing less painful.
Good luck and may God bless you with the courage to look forward.  Remember the good times from the past and make new memories.  Write a book about your life, think of all the changes you (and I) have seen in our lives.  Your niece will enjoy reading it, I assure you.  
We churned our own ice cream (yes, I lived in the city...a city of about 150,000 folks); when we heard a plane in the sky, we would run outside and say, "Look, there's a plane!"  When we saw a "balloon", wow, that was a really big deal.  It was great fun when my older sister and her husband would take us to the drive-in movies.
Love and kisses,
dellajean
you sound like a wonderful person.  you have such a warm loving life .  i hope you know how lucky you are.  i work crosswords and variety books and also ordered some brain teasers.  i guess like you say life is what you make itout to be.  i had given up and could not get past it.  losing my mom was the laststraw.  i did not want to lose her she and i were so close.  thank you for writing me this made me feel good.  mandy876
Hope you got on OK at the doctors on Monday.

Best wishes.
the doctor doubled my meds frrom 75 to 150.  i feel tired and sleep a lot.  and dizzy.  i hope this will pass.  i am still taking them.  i noticed on the receipt that i had chronic kidney disease of 3  that scared me.  i called the nurse back and she said most people my age kidney level was a 3.  i dont dont knoq about this.  i wrote on the kidney program but no one answered.  i  am looking for another doctor.  i do not like change i took this doctor because my doctor qauit because of illness.  this doctor was taking his patients.  but no medicare patients.  thank goodness it was a couple of years before i got on medicare.  i really liked my old doctor.  he went through some pretty hard timeswith him.  i liked him he was the son of my moms and dads  doctor.  they were all in the same office.  the fathers are retired now.  their sons had taken over their practice..  your friend  mandy876
Yes, it is very important to have a doctor that you get on with and he or she understands your concerns and explains things to you properly in a way that you understand.
i still wish i had my old doctorhe would listen to you.  that is important to me.  the doctors makes it seem like you are going through an assembly line.  they have 15 minutes to hear you than they go to the next patient.  i wonder if some day we will have a robot to tell us what is wrong.  mandy876
Same at my surgery too.  If the doctor is running very late and I have had more than one thing to solve, I've been told that he has to finish with me because there are other patients.

He did feel guilty the next time I went though, because I was so ill.

Some doctors in my surgery will talk about more than 1 problem, but one doctor will not.  It seems so silly at times and a waste of time and resources.  I tried to get a double appointment once, and the receptionist wouldn't even let me do that when I had more than one problem wrong.

Some robots are already performing some operations.  I don't know which is worse; an incompetent human surgeon or a robot that could stop working in the middle of an operation!

Good job that I've been too ill to worry when I had my operations!

Best wishes Mandy.
i know medicare does not pay much and my blue cross pays the difference.  but they dont have to pay the full bill and i donteither.  they dont get much money that way. i am not sure about a robot doing surgery.  what if it is told the wrong arm or leg or what ever.  not too sure about that.  your friend mandy876
Well, I do know that human doctors have operated on the wrong limb before now.

My niece had the tendon cut in her good leg when she went for her operation.  They were supposed to cut the tendon in the leg that she drags.  She was born prematurely and was starved of oxygen which affected the tendon in one leg not developing properly.

Even after the operation to try and correct the bad leg, it did not cure the problem.  She has never been able to walk straight.

I have a really bad day to day and have slept for over 12 hours.  May be it is because I only slept for 3 hours last night, or that I drank too much grapefruit juice.  I only bought it because it was reduced in price.  
I do know that certain foods and drinks makes my arthritis much worse.
My fingers and wrists are in agony too.  I will have to stop typing so much.

Hugs to you Mandy.
Best wishes.
grapefruit has a lot of acid in it.  I get to burning if I drink it.  I used to drink it but no more.  sorry you aren't feeling well today.  just take it easy and rest hope it isn't hot there it is still in the 100s too hot for me.  hugs to you sweetie.  your friend mandy876
Thank you Mandy.

I think I will keep off the grapefruit if future as it seems to make my arthritis much worse.  I did get a little of acid reflux from it too.  But I did enjoy drinking it.

It has been hot in the afternoons the last few days, but we very rarely get it as hot as 100C.  I hate it when it too hot  too.  I prefer it bright and cool, but not cold and wet.

Hope you have a good day

Best wishes and hugs.

now I am getting an ear ache.  the glands in my neck or sore and my ear is ringing and clicking.  and I am running a fever.  what else can happen.  this is weird.   have a good day.  your friend mandy876
Oh dear Mandy,

It appears that you have either a viral or bacterial infection.  You may have to see your doctor if it doesn't settle down.  

Take pain relief tablets to bring down the fever.  Plenty to drink, your juice and water, and rest.

With the ringing and clicking it may be a congestion.  If it doesn't settle down you may need an antibiotic.

To help relieve the congestion you can do steam inhalations by breathing in steam.  Pour hot water into a bowl with some Vick or Olbas oil, with a towel over your head and the bowl lean over and breathe in the steam.  

Or you can get some nasal spray to help to decongest.  

Hope it goes away soon.

Best wishes.
I never went to sleep last night ever time I did my ear would start making a fluttering sound. I have a vaporizer some where if I can find it I will use it.  seems like everything possible is happening ti me.  this is getting unreal.  I am not going to give up.  just keep on trudging through.  your friend  mandy876
Hopefully you will get a better night's sleep tonight.

I know the feeling Mandy, if it ain't one thing goes wrong, then it's something else.  And one virus after another.

I suffer from tinnitus and have buzzing in my ear all the time day and night.

Hope you find your vaporizer, if not you can do steam inhalations over a bowl of hot water with a towel over your head.  Just take care not to get scalded.

Best wishes.
my right ear has been buzzing for a long time.  but last night it was extremely loud and the fluttering was really bothersome.  that was new. I have had that in my left ear.  it is 5;00am have not gone to sleep yet.  we signed up for new insurance our company just got too high.  we are going with all state.  the vanishing deductible.  things have got to get better.  tammy want eat anything but arbys and I am getting tired of that.  next time I am going nextdoor to taco bueno get some tacos.  have not had them in along time.  feel up tight just needed to talk.  worried about everything. my back and jaw is hurting I took a pain pill maybe I can go to sleep for a while.  your friend  mandy876
If it helps you, then just talk away.

I couldn't sleep much either all night and I have be sweating so profusely.  The tiredness with hit me later in the day.

Take care.

Best wishes.
I just want what ever is going to happen and get it over with.  just one thing after another.  is too much.  I don't want to live like this.  I am so tired of not feeling good.  I wish it would get better or just get over. I miss my family even if they don't love me.  that is so stupid.  why should I miss someone that does not care if I live or die.  sorry another bad night. I am so lonesome  I need my real family.  my mom, my dad, my hubby.
Sorry to hear that you had another bad night.
I slept like a log.  Have been to see my doctor today because I was stung by something a few days ago on my inner thigh and the pain is travelling up the leg.  She prescribed an antibiotic for me.  But I feel so tired now, that 2.30 pm, that I may go back to bed for some more sleep.  The things is I have so much to do before going on holiday on Saturday.

I know you miss your parents and husband, and it is very hard for you.  But unfortunately, they can not come back.  But they are with you in spirit.

I feel that bereavement counselling would help you to deal with your sad loss.

Unfortunately, we all go through losses in our lives. whether it be losing a loved one through death, losing our health etc.  We cannot turn back the clock and have to do the best we can.

Hope you have a better day to day.

Best wishes Mandy (just close your eyes and imagine that I giving you a big hug)
thanks I need a hug more than anything on earth.  just to know someone cares/  andy876
Hope you get on OK Mandy and get treatment for your ear infection and dizzy spell.

When you see your doctor ask him to refer you for counselling to help you through this rough time that you are going through.

I know the other forum has been closed now, but I do hope that you do take on board what I said in the message I sent to you in the forum that has now been closed.

I am going away for a week and will not have any access to a computer, so I will wish you a speedy recovery and trust you will not do anything silly.

Close your eyes and imagine that I am giving you a very big hug, because right now I know that is what you need more than anything else.

Take care, best wishes.
Your friend jemma xx
I had my breast surgery when I was around 46.  then chemo.  hate that stuff.  my hubby died 2 years after that.  I was so lost.  my daddy had died of pancreatic cancer 2 years before me and he died.  all I had left was my precious mom.  she was coming down with alzeimers.  she kept getting all her bills and everything all mixed up.  I talked her into come to stay with me for a while.  it was great.  but her mind got worse.  she did not know who anyone was and everyone avoided her. when she died 7 years ago.  I had no reason to live no one who loved me unconditionally.  I was dieing. my niece came by and said her boyfriend broke her arm and she had no where to go.  I told her she could stay with me,  and if she helped mewould leave her my home.  I had no children.  she saved my life.  she drug me to the beauty shop made me get my hair fixed and then we went out to the cotton patch.  the best restaurant I have been in chicken fried steaks. then she drug me to the doctor.  she has to love me to go through all that.  she is bi polar manic depressed .  some times we are not good for each other but we understand what each other is going through.  thank you  mandt876
Hope you are keeping well and that things have now settled down.

I am not able to send private messages to you and any Notes I send are not going through either.

Friends on the system just clutter up the whole screen and cannot be deleted that is why I prefer sending private messages.

Wishing you all the best.
yes things are a lot better.  I don't know what the problem is.  I will send you a new friends request.  but I have my journals open.  I tried to send a note yesterday and it would  post.  witheredrose is having the same problem. I rewrote it and it went through.  I will make sure you are on my friends list.  do I need to join general health?
Sorry Mandy, but I do not like to have "Friends" on the MedHelp.  I did it once and by mutual agreement got "unfriended".

It clutters up the whole screen with friends' friends' friends' messages and there is no way to delete them.

I have read your journals and have left some notes for you there with the problems that you had.

The reason we are not able to send you notes, is because you have been stopped by MedHelp.  This forum must have missed them.

Although you can send me a private message, I am not able to send one back to you either because your privacy settings are set to not accept private messages, or that you are barred.

I am really weary today, I have been standing and decorating a birthday cake for my granddaughter who will be 7 on Sunday.  It is a Minie Mouse cake.  I have yet to decide what colour candles to put on and also pipe a message on the cake.

I do not know where you need to join.  I am surprised as you were stopped by MedHelp, that you are able to post on this forum.

Anyway I wish you well.

Best wishes.
I can contact friends but I cant start a new question.  I can answer questions.  they talk to me through notes and messages.  if you have had bad experiences with friends I understand.  hope yu have the best in everything.  mandy876
:)

I have updated my photos in my profile, so you will be able to see the Minie Mouse cake that I did last night.

The children loved it.

I have been feeling very dizzy and weak in my legs today.  I am still very congested in my head and am using a nasal spray and steam inhalations to get unblocked.  It is slowly getting better, but I think it is a virus and that is why I feel so ill.

I have slept for a few hours in the evening and it is time to go back to bed again.  I need to keep up my strength and get better as I will be summoned to look after the 4 young children when their mother goes into labour with her 5th child.

The baby was due on the 24th July, so it could be any day now.
Every time the phone goes, I feel on edge thinking I am being summoned to go and look after the children.  I felt so on edge yesterday when making the cake.  And with standing and decorating, my legs and back got really numb and in pain.  Anyway the cake was completed and they all loved it.
It was a chocolate cake with my special home made chocolate butter cream.

Take care and enjoy whatever you decide to do, not matter how small or insignificant it seems.

Best wishes.
hope you are feeling better.  i am sure the baby is here by now.  let me know if they had a boy or girl.  seems like everyone has allergies or strep throat or pneumonia.  the weather is so hot.  sorry i have not written in a while.  i got off the sight for a while thought i might feel better but i miss you all.  i go to my doctor monday.  i am going to make him listen to me.  hope it works.  the glamds in my neck or sore and feel swolen and i have a knit in where my thyroids are.  then i want to go to a kidney specialist and then a colon doctor.  i am tired of being sick.  i am going to tell him take me off my meds are find something so i can handle my problems.mandy876
Hello Mandy,
I am sick of being sick too and feel like throwing away my meds. :(
The baby girl was born on 7 August.
Your settings do not allow private messages, so my messages never got to you.

Take care
Best wishes.
i changed all my settings for everyone.  i will double check.
i just checked akk my info is opened up for everyone.