fever, rash and swollen fingers
My 9 year old son had cough for 1 week.  I brought him to our pediatrician for check up.  She saw pus on the tonsils and prescribed Ilosone DS, Solmux and Dolan.  The next day, he developed rashes (tiny red dots) on his face and body.  The doctor told me to discontinue the Ilosone for 24 hrs to rule out allergic reaction to the med.  The next day, rashes can be found on the thigh down to the feet.  The doctor saw my son again after 2 days, who already have neck pain, fever and vomitted 4 times already.  She checked the throat and said pus is gone and may discontinue Ilosone and diagnosed German Measles. On day 3, my son complained of itchy rash on his hands and was given 1/2 tablet of Antamine 3x/day.  On day 4, the next morning, his hands and fingers were swollen and painful.  Doctor called and said to give Optipred tablet once a day.  On day 5, she saw him again and said it is not German Measles and requested for CBC Platelet and ESR lab test. She said it might be glove and stocking rash. Day 6, CBC Platelet count is normal, ESR is 25mm/hr.

Now I'm very worried because the doctor cannot seem to determine what is wrong with my son.  He still has a slight cough, no fever, swelling of the hands subsided, still have rashes on body, arms and legs and feet.  I hope you can lead me to the right direction.  Which doctor should I see?  Should my see an Infectious Disease Specialist? What could the symptoms tell?

Please help,
Camille