General Health Community
free cataract surgery in county hospital

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Ended up with no medical insurance and have a cataract in my left eye, it is about $5000 for surgery, my neighbor wants me to go to a county hospital and get a free surgery, is it safe do go to a county hospital for cataract surgery?
If you have access to free surgery - research the doctor who will do it.  If he is reputable and from an eye clinic, go for it.  Just remember, if you do have the surgery - DON'T BEND DOWN OR OVER.  That puts strain on the eyes and could cause problems with the implant.
The doctor is in her last year as a resident, she said that she has done about 70 surgeries last year. My concern is that she says that she did not use multifocal lenses last year, I am thinking about technis multifocal.
I have no knowlege about multifocal lenses.  I have mono-vision.  One eye sees far and the other close.  Sorry, I can't help you there.  
Cataract surgery is a rather mature and simple procedure, and assuming there are no complications there should be no significant hazard in getting this done in any modern hospital in the United States.
I see no problem with that, as "caregiver" said, it is a rather simple procedure, and any competent eye doctor will be able to preform it.

Silverfox,I have mon-vision too, it is weird, isn't it?
Actually I love mono-vision!  I do a lot of sewing and crochet so I wanted to be able to see close up without glasses.