high parathyroid and high calcium
hi over the last 2 years i have had an elevated parathyroid with my calcium elevated last sept 2009, then my calcium returned to normal i also have a low vitamin d level, last month because i said all my bones were aching they did all the tests again yet again my pth was 79 my calcium was 27.4 and vitamin d level low. I have to have my calcium level tested again i 4 weeks i have asked them to scan my neck but so far they have not done this due to my calcium level returnin to nomal. what i am trying to say is nothing has been done for 2 years they just keep tesing my every now and then. has anyone else experienced this and if so what happened thank you Carroll
I have not experienced this, but, I would seek out another doctor and see if they will help you and listen to what you have to say. It can be so upsetting when you are concerned about things and you just get ignored.
Im not sure what your question is.  If your parathyroid was high enough to be concerned, your doctor would or should do something.  Sometimes they are just slightly elevated, not enough to be too concerned about but yet they retest it every now and then.  Same thing with the calcium.  You should talk to your doctor about taking Vitamin D supplements for the low Vitamin D.  If you are not satisfied with your doctor's answers, then you should get a second opinion.
See and Endocrinologist. They specialize in parathyroid problems. What symptoms are you having?  Remar  
hello back in the 80s i had my parathyroid levels checked, when the level became extremely high surgery was done in 1991. they removed i parathyroid gland with an adenoma on it. i have my levels checked now for the rest of my life. so far so good. i would visit my dr or a endocrine dr. for your parathyroid condition. the best to you