high systolic but normal diastolic reading?
I am 23 yrs 5'2 120lbs and I have Hyperstage 1 blood pressure. I was diagnosed about a year ago, and I might have had it longer than that. However when I first started taking my medication Bystolic 5mg  my blood pressure start to go low around 116/69 so my doctor changed me to Lisinopril 2.5mg. Now I started to see that my blood pressure is 144/73 its been like that few a weeks but then it will go back to 123/83 every once in a while. I am concerned because I have read that high systolic blood pressure is usually found in older adults. Do I have every right to be concerned, what could be causing the changes in my reading like that?
Another note, I have changed my diet to a low sodium diet because I was known to eat a lot of high sodium food and eating even more healthy then before ;also high blood pressure does run in my family both parents have it but my father controlled it, maybe that can help.
Thank you, Annie
When your BP was running around 116/69 there was nothing to be concerned about. That's great BP numbers. I don't understand why your Dr would change your meds. Maybe you might want to talk to your Dr about going back on Bystolic.   Remar
Hello I agree with Remar that your blood pressure readings are very good and are in no way cause for alarm.  The normal blood pressure is 120/80 anything in, near or around that is what you want.  If your readings start continuously running 160/  to 200/ over something then you need to get it checked because that will be too high and he will need to increase your medication or change you to another one.    

The systolic pressure is the measurement when your heart is contracting.  The diastolic is the measurement when your heart is at rest.  The reason the doc changed the Bystolic to another medication is that he was probably afraid it was dropping your blood pressure too much.  Blood pressure that is too low can make you feel very tired, shaky, doesn't deliver enough blood or oxygen to the bodies organs, and if it gets low enough can cause you to pass out.  

I Hope This Helps!
A systolic reading in the 140's should be monitored.  I would recommend checking your bp daily for a week and reporting the readings to your physician if there is still elevated numbers.