General Health Community
housewife

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

housewife

I have pain in the left temple massaging it or cold applied seems to help a little.
if I clench my teeth it gets noticiablely worse.  also I have a little dizziness
Hi and sorry you are having this pain. Have you ever had a migraine? Do you have any visual problems too? Does the pain come and go or is it constant? Have you tried tylenol or some for it? Do you have a fever? Since your teeth seem to be related perhaps the pain is really in a bad tooth and it is referring. Hard to say.
hope this helps.
mkh9
Sounds like it could be migraine. Try going to Mayoclinic.com and look for their page called Symptom Checker. Or type in migraine in their search box. Read up about migraine headaches and see if it fits your symptoms. I've had migraines for years so I know how miserable they are. I've also had severe pain, sharp stabbing quick pains in my head due to shingles. I'll watch for further posts from you to see how you are. God bless.
The sternocleidomastoid muscles are most likely those which are giving you problems. There are two of these muscles in the superficial layers of the anterior (front) portion of the neck that make the shape of a “V”, They run from the center of the sternum (breastbone) and the clavicle (collarbone) up to the mastoid process, a bone in the skull located behind the ears. That is why you get some relief when you massage your temples.  If you cannot afford a massage, you can get relief from massaging the muscle from the middle of the neck up to the corner of the jaw bone.  Push up under the corner of the jaw bone and you will feel the tight band that connects to the spot next to your ears.  Start massaging that area under the jaw bone then work your way around the corner of the jaw towards the ear. If you have a massaging vibrator, I recommend using it on each side until the muscle releases.  

The pain from this is not a migraine in and of itself, but can be a trigger for those that suffer from them.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.  Best of luck!