how long is it safe to take antibiotics?
I just finished a course of 4 weeks of antibiotics and have been told to have another one for 4 weeks, am very worried about the length and strength. i had a spinal OP in December and something went wrong and needed to go on antibiotics. My daily dose is as follows: 8 cps of Flucloxacillin 500mg and 2 cps of Rifadin 300 mg. would appreciate an advise thanks
Quite a bit of antibiotics, however if it was prescribed by your doctor there is nothing to worry about. I definitely would discuss with your doctor if your truly concerned. I get prescribed antibiotics (at lower doses) a year at a time for my skin. I also have taken high doses of antibiotics for numerous infections in the past. However, if your worried about the antibiotics destroying the "good" bacteria, take probiotics in between your antibiotic doses (definitely would get doctors approval first). If he doesn't approve you can always take them after your antibiotic course is complete. Probiotics put the good bacteria back into your body.

Good luck and God bless.
I kow of people who havve had to have antibiotic therapy for years due to rheumtic fever and other illnesses.  Your doctor knows what is best and wouldn't ask you to take it i it wasn't necessary.
Many thanks for your answer, very helpful indeed

Best regards

Worriedgirl11904
Many thanks for your comment
best
Worriedgirl11904