General Health Community
irregular EKG result

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

irregular EKG result

hi my names andie and for the last two and a half years i have had major anxiety and panic attacks. I recently was doing some strenuous labor on a hot day with 4 hrs of sleep and i had dranken the night before. I was not feeling well. I felt somewhat confused, hot, dizzy, shaky, exhausted, and so anxious i felt like i couldnt control my breathing and I was going to pass out. I had told my volunteer leader that i needed to be escorted to my car and i had sat in the van under some ac started drinking water and started crying, totally losing it...the same symptoms continued it was almost like I felt like I was dying. Finally a worker was called and I was going to be escorted to my car but i chose to be dropped off at the ER that was near the job site. When I got dropped off at the ER i went into complete panic and my legs and hands were uncontrollably shaking and I was so ansy I couldnt sit like the receptionist kept telling me to do. Each minitue passing was worse and worse and finally i was called in and given a mask to control my breathing so I would not pass out. I started feeling better after just a couple minitues of being reassured by the doctor that I was ok and only working myself up. I was in my hospital bed, and finally a doctor came by and asked me what my symptoms were and I told him and he said im "just having an anxiety attack"... I dont get it, this is not my first time going to the hospital, in fact i average about 4x a year going in for the same issue and they always say its just anxiety!!!! He performed an ekg test on me and as usual things appeared normal, he said everything was ok and i was picked up and dropped off at my car. The next day i went in to do my community service and the supervisor told me that I needed to be medically cleared to work again. So I made an appointment that day to see a doctor and she performed another ekg and this time, the first time ever, she told me the ekg showed a mildly slow heart rythym and because of my symptoms, ( feeling dizzy, palpitations,anxiety, ect.) I need to be put on a 24 hr heart holster test to rule out any possibility of arrithmia. It kinda has worried me....Should I be worrying? I felt dizzy, hot, anxious, and had palpitations today at the store....Im worried. I go in for my test in two days....let me not that:

- I have experienced these symptoms for almost 3 years
- I am a moderate drinker 3 days a week about 2-3 servings of alcohol
- I have been on Xanax and have been trying to ween myself off but am currently taking ~3 mgs per day started about 18 months ago.
- I have gained 30 lbs in the last 2 years
- Im 20yrs old female, and feel my health should be phenomenal....

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????
Anxiety. Definitely anxiety and brain weakness. Nintendo's brain training, and Neuro-active helps. Also, it might be Japan's nuclear attacks and some hidden minor flu becoming active, but it is still hidden within the areas. Take an ultra-sound and CAT scan if you are worried. Tamiflu mixed with banana peals also help. One would need to mix one tamiflu pill with 14 regular sized banana peals per one average human.
Do not take a CAT scan, which is an unnecessary and dangerous exposure to radiation. You should not be requesting a CAT scan.

The chances that Japans nuclear problems have anything to do with your difficulties are non-existent.

If a scan is necessary, it should be an MRI or an MRA. I see no point in an ultrasound.

You have experienced symptoms that could result from abnormal glucose readings and/or dehydration. "Shaking hands" are a hallmark of hyoglycemia, but this is not necessarily the case. The breathing difficulties sometimes arise because the body is attempting to control the ph of the blood by bloowing off C02. When there is insufficient insulin in the blood the body shifts to an alternative means to remove glucose which in turn makes the blood acidic.  This in turn may cause rapid breathing, known as "Kusmal respirations".

Square one is to rule out glucose abnormalities and this involves a fasting glucose test as well as an hba1c.
wtf? lol
i did not get that AT ALL.
Please elaborate :)
thanks for the info peeps, im on day 2 being sober from alcohol!!!!!!!!!!!! yay me!
I have many of the symptoms you suffer with and many more. I was diagnosed with lyme disease and a few co-infections. I too have heart palpitations, very emotional, dizzy and hot at times. These episodes feel like attacks. One infection that I have because of lyme disease is called bartonella. It can cause many symptoms like, heart palpitations, anxiety, muscle pain, fatigue, insomnia, buzzing or vibrating sensation in the body, very emotional causing you to cry very easily, feet pain, digestive issues like nausea, acid reflux, IBS and more. This is something you should look into. You may have lyme disease and you may not. Bartonella is a bacteria that is found in fleas, ticks, and cats. It is difficult to test for and it would be good to go to a lyme literate doctor that could help you by assessing your symptoms. I have been in treatment for bartonella for about 6 weeks now and many of my syptoms (symptoms) that I listed have subsided. I still have a ways to go. Look up bartonella. This is something doctors in the U.S. ignore and it is one of the fastest growing infections right now along with lyme disease. Text me if you need help finding a doctor.
For starts, I would not recommend drinking alcohol while taking Xanax.  BTW: your xanax dosage/day is high.  Did a physician recommend that you take that much?  If you are planning on weaning off the Xanax make sure you are doing it under the supervision of a physician.  Do you see a physician regularly for your anxiety/panic attacks?

Moderate drinker?  Sounds like you have a issue with alcohol along with anxiety.  Good that you have been sober for a couple of days.  

Are you taking any other meds or using any illicit drugs?  

I would recommend doing the 24 hr Holter monitor to rule out any heart dysrhythmias and getting some basic labs done, i.e. CBC, CMP and a Iron panel.    

I cannot say this is all "anxiety."  Make sure there is NOTHING physically wrong.  Sometimes anxiety is not the primary problem, but the secondary problem.  

Yes, I would be worried.  You are only 20 having these problems; not good.