General Health Community
irritation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

irritation

Almost every month a few days prior to the start of my cycle , my vagina  is sore or burning. It is hard to describe. My doctor has suggested a lubricant but I feel this is a waste of money she even ran a test to check for a yeast infection. I feel she has no idea what is going on. anyone experiencing the same? or even similiar? Help I am getting desperate. This is uncomfortable. It starts a day or two before and last 2-3 days during.
I have had this, but not on a regular basis. I never connected it to intercourse, but it may have been. Have you tried douching? I have used a mild vinegar douche and that was soothing. Don't bother buying the little bottles of premixed douches, they do nothing. Buy a bag and mix your own, about 2 tablespoons to 4 quarts of warm water and let the flow of water run as slowly as possible. This is probably an old fashioned treatment, but sometimes those are the best. Good luck and I hope this helps.
It sounds like thrush it burns like mad, if you see your doctor they will give you some cream for the itching an burning, and a tablet to get rid of it. If you have a partner then they need to use the cream to. Because he will just keep passing it back to you that's why you could be getting it every month. Thrush can be caused through wearing tight pants or even soap in the bath. But it can be passed and if your partner is not treated you will just keep getting it.
I was told as well if it is thrush to avoid sugary foods, because it makes it worse i'm always getting it. When i was pregnant i had to get up in the night and use a damp towel to ease it why i slept.