General Health Community
just want some advise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

just want some advise

ive started to worry a bit as ive been reading up on anal cancer and im quite worried im only 22 but before i start i have to say this in case this may be the cause of it ,  i broke my cheek bone when i was 16 and my doc put me on paracetamol and codine ,  and i got prescribed them all the way up until i was 21 and i got myself off them without anyhelp from the doc , its was against there wishes but it was a horrid withdrawl (withdrawal) and got fed up with it after a while, it was a really BAD addiction and i totally abused them,  and my mum gets them and i still take them on the odd occasion but the main thing is that ive never been able to get my poo out ive always been constaipated and last year i had a lump on my anal i never thought anything of it at the time , and i'll bleed now and then when i do get the chance to poo just tiny bits,  and i also get a very weird taste and smell from time to time,  but i smoked cannibis for a number of years , not anymore,  just cigirettes  ,so im just a little bit worried, should i be worried,  or am i just makingthis up in my head cause im health, i also have asthma.  ????????   ADVISE PLEASE
Tags: worried
You could have hemorrhoids or benign growths on your colon. Hemorrhoids will certainly cause bleeding when you poo and if you are constipated and have to strain, this makes them worse. Many folks have them. I would ask your doctor for a sigmoidascope, this way, he can check the area for any growths and such. But, from what I read, it sounds like hemorrhoids to me.

I would also try taking a stool softener daily, this will help with the constipation, thus, you will not be straining so hard. Drink lots of water, if you are dehydrated, you will be constipated as well. Eat more fiber and void sugar. Also, add a good, multi vitamin/mineral supplement to your daily regime. Also, try to quit smoking, I know it can be very hard, but, if you are concerned about cancer, this is the first place to start.

I hope this helps. It can be scary when we see blood in the stool.