leg cramps
I HAVE RECENTLY DISCONTINUED OPIATE PAIN MED APPROX. 5 WEEKS AGO, I AM ALSO TAKING CRESTOR 5MG  AS AN AID TO LOWER MY CHOLESTEROL. SINCE STOPPING THE PAIN MED I AVE DEVELOPED SEVERE LEG CRAMPS AND LEG MUSCLE ACHES.

HAS ANYONE HAD CRAMPS, MUSCLE ACHES/SORENESS RELATED TO CRESTOR OR AFTER DISCONTINUING PAIN MEDS?

I STOPPED THE CRESTOR YESTERDAY, THE PROBLEMS WITH MY LEGS  IS AFFECTING ME REALLY BAD. ANY EXPERIENCES/HELP/ SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, THANKS

I take Crestor 5mg daily. Your symptoms are very similar to mine. I have severe cramping and pain in my legs and toes. My doctor hadattributed them to the crestor but he is reluctant to cahnge the med to any thing else like Lipitor etc. as he belives they will also have the same side effect. according to him the benefit of these meds in lowering the cholestrol outweighs the discomfort of cramping.

Having said that I am really frustrated with this pain/cramping. I coudn't sleep last night as I was waking up due to it. My heel hurt like hell today. I don't know what to do....it seems like I have hit a wall with my doctor. Any help/dvise/suggesion from any one would be appreciated.