legally blind in right eye
I was born legally blind in my right eye and I was wondering if there was surgery or something that could make it so I could see
There are so many advance's, but I think I would ask the " ask the doctor" on this one, they will be much more informed  ( will I think) on this answer. You might even call a childrens hospital and ask them what the latest is out there, I just think they might be more open to new ideas then most.    
My son was born legally blind in his left eye in 1987. There was nothing we could do about it then. The optic nerve in his left eye never grew. There was not enough there to work with.He is now 23 and living in Washington State. It hasn't affected him that much.