lump on my wrist
I have a lump on my wrist, right below the right thumb.  feels like a pinched nerve, its pain full only when i move my wrist a certain way.  any one have any ideas about what I can do to fix this.  It comes and it goes.
If it's what I have it's just a ganglion cyst.  Mine is in exactly the same place.  It first appeared about 20 years ago and can be there for years, then disappear one day.  I think there is an old joke about slamming your wrist against a wall.  My doctor even made that comment, in jest of course.....I think!   Anyway, it's harmless.
Typ. Smashing a ganglion cyst with a book will make it go away. It's no "wive's tale."  It's a treatment protocol. IF it is a ganglion cyst. It may not be. You really need for some to take a look-see with an M.D. who sees a lot of these things.
Hey thanks!  I thought it was a joke.  I'll have to get up the nerve to try that.  

I'm always learning something here.......: )