magnesium
Hi can anyone tell me how much magnesium stays in your system after an infusion of it? While I was in hospital having a cardiac stent fitted they found out my magnesium levels were very low so gave me a half hour infusion of it.will I need to take magnesium supplements or will the infusion be enough to keep my levels up in the future?
magnesium like any mineral is eliminated by the kidneys so if your situation is a chronic thing you have to take supplements but if your magnesium was low due to stress or disease or the operation you did that means if you have a good diet you won't need magnesium supplements
good luck :)
Hi thank you for your reply.my diet is a bit hit and miss as I only eat when I'm hungry so I don't usually eat 3 meals a day.my stress levels are usually quite high as well.i have coronary artery disease so I think maybe regular checks of my magnesium levels might be an idea .thank you once again
i think it's better if you get tested regularly and hopefully everything will be fine :) you're welcome :)
almost each person contains about 25 grams of magnesium, but half of that is in the bones. Magnesium is important in more than 300 chemical reactions that keep the body working properly.