General Health Community
max

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

max

What would cause  your urine to smell? I have never thought that urine could be that bad.I'm a diabetic,also it looks like oil floats on top.What could i do this is so embarrassing.
If by oil, you mean the black kind, this is a serious symptom you should get checked out as soon as possible by a urologist.  It is a possibility it is old blood.

If it is oily on top, please see the doctor's reply on this thread:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urology/oily-film-in-my-urine/show/632694

Urine can smell if you had old blood in it.  It also can smell with certain foods in some people, such as asparagus.  You might also want to get infection ruled out as a reason.
dehydration
Perhaps you need to drink more? I would DEFINITELY consult the doctor. For now, drink lots and lots.
I hope you aren't on the diabetes drug Actos?  Just was seeing an ad today where they are being sued because it alledgedly can lead to bladder cancer!