General Health Community
meaning of chest xray result

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

meaning of chest xray result

Good day Doctors! I just wanna ask the meaning of my chest x-ray result...the impression is "Findings are suggestive of post old granulomatous pulmonary process (post primary TB)..! is it good or bad? because the explanation of my physician is not understandable really..can you please explain further to me? i was once diagnosed of having PTB minimal both upper lungs and then i took the medication for 6 mos then after that got my xray again and that was the result..! my doctor gave me medicine again to be taken for a month or two called rifinah and vit.b6...and i have a big scar on my left side of the lung i think...! does it mean that i still have tb? is it worst already? because im still suffering for the shortness of breath and back pain..! but no cough at all or anything...just that two! can you help me to understand this doctor? thank you so much! Godbless
Once we have TB we are never rid of it.  It just goes dormant for a while - sometimes indefinitely - so it never rears its ugly head again.  But some of us continue to have problems.  I would suggest that you take some good multiple vitamins to boost your immune system.  Help your body to fight this nasty germ. - I only had to take the meds once.  My Mom had to take them twice.  Everyone is different. (She takes supplements now to stay healthy at 94 - and she runs circles around me!)
As mention, once one contracts a tuberculosis infection it will never ever go away. It will only go into remission. It is important, as mentioned to keep up a healthy immune system and have periodic evaluations to determine if it again becomes active.