mosquito patches vs spray
I'm going away on holiday to Thailand and Cambodia soon and as well as malaria tablets I need to take some sort of Mosquito repellent. My problem is I don't want to use any spray 1) as im not a fan of using deet and 2) I don't like the smell of them plus you need to re apply every few hours.

So I was looking at some mosquito patches. Generally how do they fair compared to the sprays? A lot of them claim to provide protection for up to 36 hours as well as claiming to cover the whole body as it spreads through your system as oppose to sprays where you are only protected where you spray.

My perference is the patches but I thought id see what the general consensus is here first.

I would go to the CDC website and see which one they recommend.
I don't know if this helps or not but it ALWAYS works for me.  Go buy some Bounce laundry sheets!  When I am going into an area where there are alot of mosquitos... I stick a couple of these in my pockets.   (One in my back pocket, one sticking out of the back of my shirt, one in my front shirt pocket.. etc, etc)  I am not sure of what it in the sheets but the I find that it keeps the bugs away from me.  I may not look fashonable but at least I smell good.  :)
Having lived in Thailand from 2010-2011, and being seemingly irresistable to mosquitoes - the only thing that stopped me from being bitten was wearing long clothing.

A good spray with a concentration of deet no less than 50% should do the trick.  I would also use the wipes.  They are small and convenient.  As for the Malaria tablets, i was using Doxycyclone, but stopped due to it causing me digestive problems.  It all depends on where you go to be honest.  Cambodia has more of the malaria carrying mosquitoes, but in places like Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, and Sihanoukville you are ok.  As for thailand - Bangkok, Koh Samui, Koh Phangnan, Koh Tao, Koh Samet, Koh Phi Phi are largely fine.  I lived on an Island called Koh Chang, which is densley populates by rainforest and jungle and I know of only 1 person who got malaria at the time (he was living deep in the jungle and it was wet season).

Is it not just Malaria that is a problem, Mosquitoes also carry Dengue Fever, which can somtimes be fatal. but you'd have to be pretty unlucky to catch it.

Tip - The malaria carrying mosquitoes are most active at dawn and dusk, so be mroe vigilant during these times and try to sleep using a mosquitoe nest or a modern hotel/apartment with mosquito covers and/or air conditioning.

Other than that, I wouldnt worry about it.  Take more precaution in cambodia.

If you want to know where the most instances of malaria are occuring in Thailand, visit www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk.

This is the most reliable website for Malaria distribution worldwide.

Hope this helps, have a fantastic trip

Adam