narcolepsy and immunizations
has anyone heard what vaccination is reportedly linked to narcolepsy? i saw a show yesterday about narcolepsy and they mentioned a vaccination  was given to a 13 year old girl and 2 hours later she was experiencing cataplexly (a paralyzing catatonic state that is a symptom of narcolepsy) but they did not say which vaccination.
My daughter has just been diagnosed with Narcolepsy.  She is 12 years old and in February received polio/diptheria vaccine and hep A before going to mexico.  She then started having these symptoms.  she was given the HPV vaccine a couple of weeks ago and since her symptoms have seemed worse.
No one can tell us if its linked or not but I really strongly think so!
Answered a few years too late, sorry. I have had narcolepsy since age 14. It had a sudden onset. I remember the exact day and time that the first episode occured. I was told that it is rare in females. But, in my experience the other narcoleptics I've met are strictly female. My medical records from that time have been destroyed so I have no way of knowing if this coincided with a vaccination. Narcolepsy typically occurs in the early teens. I have lived with it for 46 years. I too, am curious if this condition was induced by a vaccine. I wasn't diagnosed until I was 44 years old. Prior to that my condition was dismissed. I was regarded by the medical profession as a typical hystrionic, hypocondriac, attention seeking female. Now, there is medication available. But, I feel that this condition is not taken seriously by the medical community, especially if the patient is a female.