General Health Community
numbness in head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

numbness in head

This has been going on for almost a year now. I came off psychiatric medication that i was taking and i started to feel very uncomfortably numb in the head. I have been told that the numbness and the medication is not connected. i have responded somewhat to other psychiatric medications i subsequently took. I had a clean mri of the brain, so does this exclude any damage from the pills i was taking? my neck also hurts, so i was wondering if it could be from that and it was just a coincidence that the numbness started while i was withdrawing from the pills. my father also had a similar problem when he was around my age with an annoying numbness in his head that went away. Do you think its something hereditary? any insight would be greatly appreciated as to what this is.
The numbness in your head could be caused by anxiety if you are experincing any from getting off the meds.