nuvaring birth control
Why is my period on again after inserting the nuvaring?? I thought it was suppose to stop when u insert it in the vigina and your period comes on after taking it out... I'm confused why is my period on again while my nuvaring is inserted??
Hi, Im not sure if this will help you but i was on the nuva ring for 4 years and i never experiance what you are experiancing but i did completely miss my period once and when i spoke to my doctor i was told the nuva ring is known to screw with your periods wheather it is getting 2 in one month or not getting one at all. if it keeps happening i would get it check out but if it is a one time thing i wouldnt worry about it.
It's supposed to stop your period if you leave it in continuously and switch out the ring either every 3 or 4 weeks. But everyone is different, it might not work for you. I was on the nuvaring for a month and a half and then I had my period. Right after a month I was so excited and then like 6 weeks in I got a period. I think some women have a very strong cycle and it's hard to stop it with hormonal birth control. It may take a few months or so as well.
When you insert the nuva ring your period should stop within a few days, then after 3 weeks you should remove the nuva ring, allow your period a week and insert a new one. The nuva ring is heat activated so if you are storing it somewhere warm it will be releasing all of its medication before you even start using it. I keep mine in the fridge until insertion. If after a few months of trying it you are still spotting then the hormone level of the nuva ring is not high enough for you and you will need to speak with your MD about switching birth controls.
Shanna RN
So I am just about to start the Nuva Ring for the first time and was wondering since I am keeping it in the fridge do I just take it right out of the fridge and put it in? Or do I have to take it out and let it sit for a while and then put it in??