General Health Community
pain in sternum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

pain in sternum

So 'm a 30 year old male and i've been having a pain in my sternum for about a month now. its gotten worse in the last two weeks or so.  I only get it in the morning as soon as i wake up. If i press down on my sternum it feels sore. the pain on the scale of 1 to 10 is about a 3. the weird thing is it goes away after i have been up for a while and doesnt bother me the rest of the day. it only bothers me as soon as i wake up when i move around in bed or when i go to sit up. I do a lot of lifting at work so i dont know if i pulled something or what but it doesnt hurt when i lift things or if i cough. it just hurts in the morning. i havent had a chance to go to the doctor because he was on vacation and now the soonest i can get in is the last week of november. so im going to go to one of those urgent care centers on saturday. I was just wondering if anyone might have an idea of what this might be? I deal with anxiety so needless to say this has been on my mind and isnt helping.