General Health Community
pinprick bee sting feeling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

pinprick bee sting feeling

For the past wk I've had this weird pinprick or bee sting feeling on top of my right foot. I did feel it on my hand but went away after a say. But on my foot I still feel it here and there. Could this be a sign of something serious?
I'm guessing it likely isn't something serious, but if it continues, you should check with your doctor.
Do you have diabetes, or any other condition that could lead to peripheral neuropathy?  Have you been sitting in such a way that your leg was being compressed?  The prickling is from a nerve being irritated in some way, shape, or form, and it could be benign or something more serious.  You should talk to your doctor about it if it persists more than a few more days.
I don't have diabetes or anything else. It just kind of happened. I think I will wait til the end of this wk and if it continues I will then have it checked out. It's only one foot and one area.
I have some cute shoes that do that to my right foot.  Not saying that's what it is... but try different shoes and see if it helps.  Could be something simple.  Could also be a pinched nerve even in your knee or back.  the pain in your hand could also have been a pinched nerve in your wrist.... I get lots of strange little pains because of the Fibromyalgia and arthritis.  - Those "Ritis" brothers take you from "joint to joint".   Sorry a little levity.
Sounds like a plan to follow- hope this bothersome symptom goes away!
Thanks so much for responding...I will try that...I really noticed it after taking really hot showers. yesterday I went to take a shower and the pressure on my foot irritated it. I did turn the temp of water.