General Health Community
pitting edema
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pitting edema

i am a 50 yr old pre-menopausal woman with non-tender pitting edema in both shins (not feet, ankles, or legs) worse on the left, very very slight on the rt.. it goes away at night or with elevation. i have had an ekg, liver and kidney function tests and seen 2 md's all negative and unremarkable. i have alos seen a massage therapist the specializes in lymphatic issues and she is perplexed as well since she feels that my lymphatic system is very clear and uncongested. it seems to come and go but has no particular method of exacerbation. i can walk 8 miles with no noticable pitting, then days later i see it again. i exercise moderately, eat very well and am on no presc meds for anything, this is my only issue. one md put me on hawthorn but it doesen't seem to help. it doesn't hurt or bother me, i just am concerned as to the cause.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
681148_tn?1285160820
I had this for years.  When I finally figured out that I had loads of food sensitivities and started eating better, I lost a significant amount of weight.  Interestingly, I no longer have this edema problem you're talking about.  All my medical tests used to come back negative and unremarkable, too, except for my blood sugar and my cholesterol and weight issue.  

I could still stand to lose a bit more weight, but after losing a significant amount of weight and still obviously dealing with other health issues, my doctor isn't too worried about emphasizing the weight loss.

I'm no longer pre-diabetic and my total cholesterol is down to normal.  I still have to watch my BP.

I don't know if I'll develop this issue again in the future or not, but I had edema even as a teenager when I didn't have a weight issue.
Blank
Hi, i have pitting edema on my lower shins, ive had it for about 2 years on my right shin, and its now developed on my left now, the dents go to about 8mm deep and take a few mins to work themselves out. Im 100kg and have a little spare tire on my stomache, but ive done weights and cycled for 26 years( hard out body building late 80's to mid 90's) im 44 now. I have had lots of tests, lymph,heart, scan on my arteries and veins supplying my legs and nothing is wrong, im in good health, diabetes etc( glucose levels are way up after over night fasting) but no diabetes. I have no idea why i have pitting edema, thats what my doctor called it, yet the docter is stumped to whi I have this condition. you guys have any idea? I have no faith in my doctor anymore. my email is ***@**** thanks Steven.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...