General Health Community
pupil dilation from blunt trauma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

pupil dilation from blunt trauma

If one has pupil dilation in one eye after blunt trauma, how long can recovery take?  It has been four weeks since the injury.  Is there still a chance it will get better?  The pupil does respond to light, but is always bigger than the other eye.  It seems to be a little bit better, but is noticably bigger.
It sounds like you had a concusion?  If so depending on the severity it can take quite a while to recover. It is variable depending on the depth of the damage to the head and the person. I hope you have seen a doctor if not you need to do so.
No concussion.  Immediately went to ER and saw an opthalmologist.  No retina damage and on corneal abrastion.  Have had two follow up visits.  Next one is later this week.
To be clear, the blunt trauma was to an eye.  It was the back of a hand that hit his eye.  He has had proper medical attention.  The question is simply, now that it's been a month, can he still expect the pupil to get back to normal over the next few weeks?  Can't find much info on the internet.  We have our fingers crossed and friends/family are praying.
Hi Pierson93,
If there was no damage to the head/brain and only the eye. Perhaps you would like to write your question on the Eye Care site as they have an opthamologists there and can probably give you a better answer.
I hope the best for you,
mkh9
Thanks and I will do.  I am new to this site and didn't realize there was a forum specific to eyes.  Good suggestion.