question
LAst week I was in a public restroom and upon leaving the stall to wash my hands I realized I had blood smeared on my hand that was not mine.my question is if there are any health risks if the blood came in conact with the toilet paper I used or if my hand touched my body while wiping.The skin on my hand was intact but chapped due to the cold weather.
I would get an HIV test just to be safe.  The Health Dept. does these for free.
My training as a coach was that there is always a possibility for blood born pathogens on contact with blood.  I have Hep C and it is the number 1 infectious disease.  according to the CDC.  I won't have my nails done publicly because it is easy to transfer and hard to just wipe off. NOt to freak you out but I hope you washed with soap and water for at least 3 versions of happy birthday.  Only blood work will tell in time.  Hopefully it is nothing.  I always wear gloves on all blood accidents from little children, bloody noses or injuries.  Carry them in my car and have one in my purse in a baggie. Some might think over reacting...I teach health  and I say PREVENTION!