General Health Community
rapid weight loss?

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

rapid weight loss?

I have had a loss of appetite for 3 weeks now.  In the space of one week I have lost 16 lbs.  I was diagnosed with urinary tract infection yesterday, and loss of appetite is a symptom, but wouldn't I have noticed any other symptoms besides that prior to being diagnosed?  My doc says it is stress.  He doesn't seem too concerned, but I am.  I don't know what to do to gain my appetite back, and worried to be losing the weight so fast.  Is there anything I can do?  Please help!!!!!  I am desperate.
That does sound like a lot of weight in one week but give yourself time to recover from the urine infection, make sure you drink a lot of fluids, maybe some soups, as the Doctor isnt concerned its probably okay, he is right that stress can cause physical problems ,distract your self throw your self into your work or a hobby, switch off those thought they always make us feel bad.Your appetite will come back, give it some time. Good luck