General Health Community
rattling sound in left lung

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

rattling sound in left lung

For the last couple of days i have been cough congestion in my throat i woke up these morning and as i breath my left lung made a rattling sound i took a few deep breaths and the sound went alway i wanted to know why would i be having this problem i don't smoke
If it felt like rice crispies were popping in your lungs, then it's most likely pneumonia.  That symptom can come and go, it doesn't have to be constant.  Rattling in the lungs when you're sick isn't a good sign, even if it's not pneumonia, and you need to see your doctor very soon or go to urgent care, especially if you get a fever.  You can take something with guaifenisen in it (like mucinex) to help your lungs get some of the crud out more easily, but you should still see someone.
Do you have a fever or asthma? Did you have a virus before this? Does it hurt went you breathe in?  Depending on your symptoms it could be bronchitis or pneumonia. But if you don't have pain with breathing or no fever it may be asthma like possibly to due to an allergy. If it continues you may want the doctor to listen to your lungs.
take care,
As you have a congested throat which is probably an upper respiratory infection, it appears with the rattling sound in your lung that the infection has now spread to the lungs.

I would advise you to see your doctor so that he can listen to your lungs and prescribe an antibiotic should the doctor feel this is required.

In the meantime, drink plenty of warm fluids (keep off the milk and dairy as this promotes the production of mucus), like lemon and honey, or hot blackcurrant juice.  Take pain relief if you need to.

Also do steam inhalations.  Add some vick or olbas oil to a bowl of hot water and inhale the steam with your head covered with a towlel over the bowl.  Take care not to get scalded.

Coughing is the body's natural mechanism to get rid of irritants.

Best wishes.
could Be Asthma, DONT NEGLECT AS THER ARE OTHER TYES OF LUNG DISORDERS , GO AND GET YOURSELF CHECKED, LET US KNOW HOW YOU WENT
HG
did you ever find out what it was?  Do you still have symptoms?  I am having something similar but has been going on over 1 year and no one seems to know what is wrong.  I have had lung scope, stomach scope, ears nose and throat scope, ct scans, blood test and nada!!!  I am starting to freak!!!
Have you been evaluated for COPD? Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder?