results and interpretation
hi,I was diagnosed with minimal PTB through chest x-ray so i decided to go for a second opinion,,but the doctor did not request for a repeat chest x-ray she only ask for an AFB smear test.The result of the 3 days consecutive AFB smear test was negative but she told me that even if its smear negative i still have PTB because the chest x-ray result shows minimal PTB.She prescribed regimen 1 for 2 months.

I was confused.Is it possible even if its smear negative still have to follow the x-ray result?what's the most definitive test for PTB?AFB smear test or x-ray? Hope to hear from you soon.Thank you so much.