General Health Community
scared about a hepetitus vaccine i had!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

ok this might be a stupid question but im asking it anyways =p. i have had a horrible cold/cough/sore throat for the past week. it still is bad to this day hasnt gotten better yet. today i was scheduled for a physical at my doctors office. the physical was not for the cold, it was just for general well being, and just happened to be scheduled when i had a cold!

anyway, as you all know when someone has a cold, their immune system is compromised and is busy fighting off the cold. also we know that vaccines are small doses of the actual disease, and since they are small they prob wont hurt or infect us since our immune system should be strong enough to fight it off.

so my doc gave me a hepatitis vaccine, and im concerned that since my immune system was working to fight a cold, its not going to be able to fight this vaccine off, and  i will end up getting infected with hepatitius.

i asked my doctor about this, and he said that the vaccine isnt alive..which i dont really understand but just throwing that out there.
he also said my immune system is kicked into high gear when i have a cold and is not compromised. i think hes just lying, cause he accidentally gave a sick guy a deadly shot but i could be wrong. i jsut hope i get an hoenst answer here cause  i know a lot of doctors stick with each other in spite of patients wishes needs./
i have learned not to trust doctors, since  i am pretty unhealthy as it is and none seem to be of any help ha.

anyway d i have anything to worry about? will i prob get hepatitus (hepatitis) now?
IM SO NERVOUS./
No. You will NOT contract hepatitis.

The vaccine lacks a segment of DNA that makes the organism virulent.

Sleep well tonight.
thanks for the response!!!
is that because the vaccine is dead? i was mainly concerned about getting a disease injected to me, since  i j have a compromised immune system fighting the cold!! i knew it wouldn't be able to fight the hepatitis at this time so i was concerned it would fail at fighting it and  i would get it!
Most of the vaccines nowadays are attenuated, still live/viable but decreasing the virulence.  As the other above repsonses before me have stated you WILL NOT contract Hepatitis, though I think you physician shouldn't have given you the vaccine while you were ill; sometimes the combination of a illness with a vacine could be too much at one time on one's immune system.  Personally, I would have refused it until I felt well and I think the explaination the physician gave was not a good one; my opinion though.

All the best.
alright thanks. when you say too much or my immune system, could it have permanent damaging effects on it? or do you just ean i wont feel good for a longer time, than if hed not been so stupid =p.

i wasnt thinking at the time i would have denied it.
*meant.
NO permanent damage but just COULD intensify the cold symptoms making you more miserable.  I have emphasized the word COULD.  You weren't the only one not thinking; I think the physician used poor judgement in recommending the vaccine while you were ill.

Keep us updated on how you are doing; you should be ok; don't worry.
i still dont feel any better than the day i posted this. nose is still kinda stuffy, throat still a little sore, and idk...when i swallow or drink i cant quench my thirst there
's like snot there.

i bet that guy gave me a permanenet cold.
That has been about 2-3 weeks ago.  There is NO sure thing as a permanent cold.  

Secondly, are you running a temp?  Any other symptoms that did not mention?

Thirdly, I don't know if you want or have to return to this physician that gave you an immunization when you were sick, but if it were me, I would be going to someone else if I could; you definitely need to be seen.  

Keep us posted.
well its a very mild cold,its just that my nose isnt clear, and when i swallow it feels like its not quenching my thirst. this is the guy ive always seen,my dad likes him.

if there's no such thing as a permeanet cold why isnt it better hah,ive seen things online where people's colds dont get better, and theyre stuck with cold symptoms =\
I am not sure where you have read that people can have "permanent colds."  People may say that, but in the professional medical world, no such thing.   They can however have other conditions/diseases causing frequent viral infections and/or bacterial infections.

I am not sure how old you are (you sound very young), but you need to be seen by a physician about your problem.  I am not sure what you have, might not be "just a cold."  

I really don't like responding to people under the age of 18 because the medical advise/decision making should be left for the parents to figure out.  So.....if you are under 18.....talk with your parents and see what they say.      

Good luck.

i'm 20; do i come off as a kid ...damn....