General Health Community
scratching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

scratching

my husband and i are getting bites all over our body. we have no animals but we just cant stop scratching all over.  our body looks so discussing and now we have scars. pls help
Bedbugs maybe ckeck your mattress and or new laudry soap
I had a patient with the same problem. Doctor tried everything to no avail. Scabie cream finally worked. Yep it was scabies :o(
Definitely look up pictures of scabies and bed bugs. Both are pretty hard to get rid of, but unfortunately would fit your description. For bed bugs, you can look at the mattresses, under the sheet around the edge you may be able to see them. They're kind of hard to get rid of but your local pharmacy should be able to help you figure out what needs to be done.

However, I think scabies are much more itchy than bed bugs and they're nasty. It took us a few months to rid our house of them. I'd suggest googling a picture of them to see if it looks similar to what you have. Remember to cut down the finger nails and clean well because they love to hide there. I also remember my mom duct taping socks to my hands so I wouldn't scratch. The cream helps kill them and if I remember right it helps with the itching too although you may need a prescription for them.

Both are very contagious and spread easily so be sure to keep all your guests and friends safe.
Bed Bugs can follow you from any trip you make back to your humble adobe... From there they feed on everything they can until  they infest everything.   I found small bugs in a timeshare room my wife and I were staying in, down in orlando.  These little tiny bugs were crawling around in the kitchen, so I called the front desk. Turns out, they were bed bugs, infested the entire room. Luggage and any other belongings were susceptible as well... treat the bugs, treat the problem...
Insects fall into two categories. Those that bite and those that sting. Take a digital image of the bite (and insect, if possible) and send it to a specialist in insects, who are often at the local Museum of Natural history.

The infestation could come from any number of insects, from spiders to mites or bedbugs.

The best solution is to call in a professional exteminator. You will probably have to replace your mattress, and possibly your carpet.
Bed bugs: Have you recently bought any used furniture or been to a hotel? You can check for bed bugs by pulling your sheets and looking at the seams of your mattress. Bed bugs are small flat and red to black. They leave a red streak on the mattress from their feces. They usually bite in a row and are small raised red bumps, especially on the face and arms. They feed at night when you are sleeping. Treatment: Exterminator and replace mattress.

Scabies: Very contagious and are spread by person to person contact. Symptoms are intense itching especially at night. They leave long tracks in the skin that look like scratches especially between the webbing of the fingers and on the wrists. Treatment: prescription cream twice 7 days apart by all persons in home and washing of all bedding and towels.

Bird mites: Usually from birds nesting in vents of the house or from infested rodents. They cause intense itching. You can see tiny black specks on your countertop from these guys. Treatment: elimitate cause and bug bomb house.