stomach ache for over a week?
My 11 year old daughter has had a ongoing stomach ache for almost 2 weeks. Complains of nausea and dull pain around her belly button, if pressed from outside makes worse (but is always holding a pillow to her stomach-light pressure helps?) She did have one instance of diarhea, but that was during the onset-eats ok (lacking appetite)and keeps well hydrated with water. Drinking sparkling water does seem to help, as well as antacids. Seems to come and go, she is normally full of energy but pretty consistently down since the onset-worse in morning when she wakes up but sleeps well thru the night.

We thought (hoped) it was just stomach flu; would love to take her to the doctor but since I just started a new job my insurance does not start until March 1st; and cannot afford to pay out of pocket.

Any ideas?
You might want to ask your Dr if you can make payments. I really don't think your Dr would turn her away if she's having pain.
It could a number of things. Appendix, IBS, ulcer. Only her Dr can say for sure.
It really would'nt hurt to call the Dr and explain your situation. I hope everything works out. Please keep us up to date. Take care. Remar