General Health Community
strong pulse in entire body

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

strong pulse in entire body

I am 16 years old and for a long time i have had a very strong pulse. At night I can feel it going everywhere, in my stomach, fingertips, toes, and other areas. when i lay down, the pulse in my abdomen is extremely strong, i can see it pulsating and it moves my hand. i have been reading and im concerned it may be a sign of an an aneurysem. how common is this? should i be worried? i am 5' 9" and i weigh around 120, so i am very thin. what should i do?
you may be anemic. if you are anemic your blood pressure will be low. And when your blood pressure is low your pulse will be high. it could really be a number of things though. You definitely need to see a doctor about this.  Even the smallest things can become life threatening if you ignore them.
The original poster did not say her pulse was rapid, as would indicate low blood pressure, rather that the pulse was strong, not high as you re-worded. Anemia would show in a simple blood test. An Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) would be one common factor if the strong pulse sensation was felt only in the abdominal/back area. A strong pulse sensation in the entire body is another thing entirely. Very high blood pressure could be one cause. Chronic inflammation of vascular tissues could be another, but is very rare.

I would first eliminate all medications/supplements and food allergies as a possible cause.