General Health Community
swallowed hair accidentally

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

swallowed hair accidentally

i'm 21yrs old girl. i accidentally swallowed a hair of medium length(6 to 7inch long) which was mixed up with my food. does it cause any problem or will be excreated out? or will i have vomitting or indigestion? can i continue to have normal diet? pls help me...
I'm no expert, but i'm sure you'll perfectly fine!
It's nothing to worry about!
You will most likely pass it with a normal bowel movement.  You might have a little tummy ache since it won't be digested at all and will act like roughage on the way through.  It should be minor irritation.  Odds are though, you won't even notice when it!  ;-)

You can continue to eat normally.  In fact, it's best to do so, since it will push everything through you.  

Take care!