General Health Community
swelling on my left hand all around my index finger knuckle!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

swelling on my left hand all around my index finger knuckle!

I was opening a can yesterday and by accident a sharp part sticking out of the can pricked me. It was very fast and the cut is so small, it didn't even bleed. Hours later I felt tingling where I got pricked on my index finger knuckle and my knucke begin to swell and hurt very badly! I don't understand why this could be because the ***** was so small?? Should I go to the E.R? I can't bend that knucke because its so swollen but the rest of my hand is ok.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I don't know about the ER, but definitely go to your Primary Physician or at least an Urgent Care clinic.  You could be reacting to the glue used to keep the tops on the cans, or it can be infection, or something is in it.  Clean it thoroughly, put some triple antibactierial ointment on it, cover it and go to a doctor.  He'll likely give you oral antibiotics and give you a tetanus booster.

Small size doesn't necessarily mean not bad.... My roommate caught the tip of a sharp knife in her finger.  It was a tiny tiny "cut" but it went clear in to the bone (which feeling the knife grate on the bone is a horrifying experience).

Good luck and please keep us posted!
Blank
I totally agree with the above poster. I had the tiniest paper cut that turned into a bacterial infection. Be safe and see your Dr. It sounds like you definitively have an infection going on.    Remar
Blank
1532170_tn?1292264179
go to A and E you might have an infection they will help i hope you feel better soon.
Blank
i travel alot, sit at a desk on computer and ride in car a lot. my hands and knucklesand hands bother me alot and swell up. i am 5'11 195 and excersize. tried some products and they seem to be helping alot.. found some resources and wantted to make sure you get this and if you have an email so i know you are getting info

thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank