General Health Community
thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

thyroid

I have never had thyroid problems before but I have been having a lot of pain in my neck also the feeling that I have a lump in my throat . I often have trouble swallowing saliva,hurting in my back that goes and comes, trouble sleeping at night sometimes I think I have stopped breathing. Went to Dr had ultrasound of thyroid the Dr said it looked inflamed also had blood work done t3/t4 were pretty normal my pth was 179 I don't think that is normal. They sent me for a ft scan of my neck and a barium swallowing test it was normal haven't got the ft results yet. I'm concerned with the pth can someone tell me anything about that ?

This discussion is related to Neck Pain Concerns.
I looked up what I could on Pth.  Has to do with the Parathyroid glands.  If it is elevated, it means you are not storing/using calcium properly.  You may need to take maga doses of Vitamin D to prevent further problems.  Also Magnesium was recommended for the throat/swallowing problem.  Hope this helps some.
Go to a GI doc and have them test for GERD.

GERD is one crazy (insert favorite expletive here) disease. It has some of the furthest range of symptoms. Including? Sore neck, lump in throat (very common, I have this), back pain, and difficulty sleeping.

I would often wake up thinking I was choking. Turns out, it was mucous produced to protect my throat from the acid.

Talk to your doc about the possibility. They may be skeptical, but seriously, look into it.