thyroid panel
I am 52 years old. I have recently been losing excessive amount of hair. The doctor did a thyroid panel and said it was normal. I know that this can be very tricky what "normal" is. my t3 was 92.0.,tsh 3rd gen was 1.773 and Free t4 1.34. I am on .150 mcg of synthroid. Is this truly normal or in the low range for normal? Could this have anything to do with my thyroid?
You may want to post this question on the thyroid forum. There are many people there that know so much about thyroid problems. Take care. Remar
What is your estrogen levels?   Do you know?
No I don't know, but I pretty sure I'm going through perimenopause cause I have horrible night sweats the past month. This happened one time before. Are you talking about FSH levels? Thanks
Sounds like your estrogen levels are taking a nose dive; could be possibly related to your hair loss.  That is a major complaint of some women experiencing peri-menopause and menopause.  FSH levels are different from the estrogen but it all ties in together.  Perhaps you could discuss with your physician about having female hormone levels drawn.  Female hormones can affect your thyroid function too, but from the numbers you gave your levels are ok for now.  I think you are in menopause vs peri-menopause.  
How long have you been on synthroid?
I have been on Synthyroid for 14 years now. I got post-partum thyroididis and first had hyper thyroid and then went over to hypo. I worked for an endocrinologist at that time and I was on Thyrolar and Synthroid. All the doctors after that said that I was toxic thyroid and was on too much. I did feel better when I was on the Thyrolar and Synthroid. I really appreciate your information on the Estrogen Level thing. I am going to go to the doctor in Nov and will ask her about that. Thank you for all of your help:)
I have a friend with low thyroid function who has already gone through menopause.  She was experiencing dry hair and it was coming out in fist fulls.  One day I mentioned something about Alpha Lipoic Acid, as I was taking it for something else.  She told me that when she started taking that, her hair stopped falling out.  Now, she just experiences normal shedding that we all experience.  She also noticed a difference when she started supplementing folic acid.  I don't know how much she takes of the folic acid, but I assume it's just the recommended amount.