what could this lump be
i have had a viral cold for three weeks four days ago i had a really sore throat when i woke up  the next day i felt light headed and notice a lump under my adam's apple it moves up and down as i swallow
You should seek the attention of a doctor, but its probably just a gland. We have them all over bodies, not just in the commonly known areas. This virus, may have just inflamed a gland that you have never noticed and or it has never been eritated like that before.
When in doubt though, see a professional!
The lump sounds like a swollen lymph node. They swell during infections. Since you had this virus for so long you should see a doctor. Regarding the sore throat do you have pus in the back of your throat, any fever now? They may listen to your lungs and if you have any pus in the throat take a throat culture or rapid strep test.
mkh9
I AGREE IT DOES SOUND LIKE A SWOLLEN LYMPH NODE OR GLAND, GO TO THE DOCS COZ ONCE YOUR GLANDS ARE UP THEY CAN GIVE YOU MEDS THEY WOULDNT GIVE YOU ITS ITS "VIRAL"