General Health Community
whooping cough

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

whooping cough

my son is almost 2 and was diagnosed with whooping cough about a week ago, and put on zithromax and its not really helping. We cought it early so I figured the meds would do some good, but thats not the case, my son wakes up every night coughing so bad that he cant breath and then he vomits. the doctors are saying this is pretty normal for whooping cough. But it is scaring the day lights out of me and I need some advise about what I should do.
Whooping cough is nasty, if this is still happening a week later perhaps another visit to the Doctor to see if he wants to give your son some other med, and check how he is doing, I think it can last 3 weeks so it may be premature but if it was me I would get him checked out again..Good Luck