intra-abdominal sepsis with perforation
A close friend was admitted to hospital from an initial stomach pain which resulted from acute appendices got discharge but had to be re-admitted due to chronic pain. The best consultants and doctors found nothing had caused the intra-abdominal sepsis with perforation and all known tests were carried out but they came back clear.
As a realist, I’ve researched this diagnosis and still not convinced that nothing resulted to something.  
His father had the same pain some years ago and the same diagnosis was made and test results came back clear.
Will you please let me know: can this be avoided in future, is this hereditary, and what’s the cause?
Much obliged and many thanks.
Speaking only for myself, the kind of question you're asking is just too far out of my league to even hazard a guess.
I would suggest your friend contact the doctors involved in his case and request a more detailed account of what the heck happened!
I agree with you 100% that "nothing resulted to something," requires a bit more explanation.
I hope your friend is OK now.
Peace
Greenlydia
Thanks will keep searching, doctors don't know either.