35 year old surgical scar has reopened
I had a (vertical) C-Section 35 years ago.  Abaout a month ago it started to itch around the scar area, then it slowly started opening up.  An inch long part of it is now opened and there is occasionally a little bit of a clear to milky yellow discharge.  It did this about 5 years ago, but it healed up fairly quickly.
The area around the scar is a little bit red, but it is not hot.  It's not getting any worse, but it's not getting better either.  Why would a 35 year old scar reopen like this?
Wow...........that's a new one for me! I had two sections about 30 years ago, bikini cut. If the scars began to open up and ooze stuff now, I know I'd be freaked. I would definitely recommend  you see your OB/GYN as soon as possible. Whatever is causing this is to happen is not right and you sure don't want it to become infected.
I can't even begin to guess why this may be happening after such a long time. Did you injure the area 5 years which could possibly have torn some of the scar tissue.......made it weaker, maybe? I wonder if there may be a hernia pushing on this area?
Please see your doctor and I sure hope you let us know what they say. As a fellow section mom, I'm VERY curious!
I wish you the best
Peace
Greenlydia
I asked my doctor, he didn't know why either, except he said it might be because I have eczema and the eczema started it.  I started using a small amount of my eczema cream and It has healed up again now.
Wow as well, I have never heard of this either.