Armpit lumps, seems deep in muscle
For 7 months now, I have noticed a lump and just recently a second in my right armpit. It is not painfull, not itchy, soft, the first is about the size of a large marble and the second a small one. I can feel it as soon as I lift my arm, but it seems gone when my arm is down.
After I first notticed I waited about a month to go see my family doctor, in case it disapeard by itself and was just a swollen gland,,but it never left. Doctor said he was not worried about it but to comme and see him the next month.
On that second appointement Doctor said it felt like it was in the muscle but still had no idea what it was and that he would make me an appointment to the surgen for a second oppinion.
It took a little more than 2 months to get that appointment. Here is what the surgen told me after touching my lump for about 2 seconds : oh its nothing to worry about its just caused by anti perspirant. I asked for him to do so sort of exam, anything , Xray, MRI, or biopsy,,, he answered : No need its nothing,,,and i pressed on the question and still he refused.
What should I do?
I looked all over, I can't find information relating to lump deep in armpit caused by anti-perspirant anywhere, is it a real possibility or did he just not care? Is there a name to it?
Please help I'm going crazy with worry.
Im certainly no expert, but if you don't feel comfortable with the doctors diagnosis get a secound opinion. I had something similar once and it turned out to me a cyst that had to be removed. I also believe that if it just doesnt feel right go get another opinion. Afterall its the doctors job to explain things well and leave their patient with confidence. Hope this helped :)
Anti Perspirant have been known to close the skin from breathing. This has been knowledge for some time. Deodorants tend to be better as they dont block your sweat glands. Get off anti pers, do some aerobic exercise that wold make you sweat a fair bit, try and get the toxins out, if lump goes out you have your answer. And or ask for another opinion... Though suggest try the first as it could take 5 days to clear out. Plenty of fluids etc...
Hope that helps
You should not neglect small issues as it may cause complications in future. You should go and talk with some other Specialist who can take good care of you can suggest some cure. If it also not harmful then why it is there? it should be there. And if it is there you need to do something really soon.