Double Bunionectomy (6 wks Post Op)
I got a double bunionectomy done 6 weeks ago outpatient. The first few weeks were so hard cause it hurt to get up and I was sore everywhere. Now, I can walk, but my knees, ankles and legs are so sore from walking again. Has anyone else gotten this done and how long until you could walk full days in regular shoes? I'm supposed to go back to my full time retail job in 2 weeks. Any suggestions would help!
Look its your muscles in your legs, no doubt they have like been taken it easy, so now you wonder just why they are hurting, the phrase if you dont use it, you will lose it comes to mind OK, you may have had your bunions done but you could have been exercising your legs every day by just doing leg exercises and flexing your muscles, its that easy didn't the hospital tell you this, if not have a go at them, as for work just find out if it would be OK to wear sandals, job done, but just get those legs working try cycling movments up in the air, and get flexing those muscles.
Good Luck
Well I wish my doctor told me about getting sore muscles because I wasn't expecting it in the amount of soreness I experienced. My legs and ankles are getting used to walking again but my feet are still super bruised and I realize this will take 3-4 months to heal completely but I'm supposed to go back to work in a week and be on my feet for 8 hours. A little scared.