General Surgery Community
Hard spot on my left hand palm.

This is a support forum for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

Hard spot on my left hand palm.

On my left hand palm I was having one hard spot since last eight year. It is just below the middle finger. This hard area was just like that which laborers get on account of handling with hard items. Now for the last two months I am facing pain in that area and also the vein passing through the palm below the middle finger has become fat. It seems that hard spot has spread upto the vein and it has taken the vein into it. I am not able to fold my finger properly. I have consulted or-tho surgeon who suggested it as C.P.S. I do not know the exact name of this disease. The doctor asked me to undergo spine xray and hand xray along with a nerve conductivity test. The hand xrays are normal but I have mild spondolysis. I did not go for conductivity test so far. I have been advised to apply visoline on it. I am doing the same since last two days. I applied one more medicine which was suggested to me by another person. The spot has become  hard and it is pulling the vein along with it. In morning after waking up I am feeling little numbness and pain in the finger. Kindly advise me how can I avoid surgery.