Aa
A
A
Close
Rectovaginal fistula
I recently developed a RVF after childbirth. How hard are they to fix and what is the success rate for them being fixed on the first time. I am nervous about the surgery but haven't met with my colorectal surgeon yet. Thanks
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi. I developed one of these in April after my Hyst surgery. I also had some rectal muscle repair. I had to wait 8 weeks to heal from that surgery to have the RVF fixed. My Gyn did this repair (same dr that did the first surgery). It did not work. I had to go to a UroGyn that specilized in pelvic floor surgery and have a 3rd surgery. Both drs go to Africa  and do 1000's of these surgeries. I guess I was just a lucky one that it recurred. This UroGyn did a Martius graft and it worked Fantastic! The pain was almost Non-exsistant! The first 2 surgeries were awful! I have 3 school age kids and I was totally out of commision all summer.
A Martius graft is something to ask about. Make sure you find the right dr for this surgery! That is key..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks for answering! I look forward to hopefully getting this fixed soon!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hey I'm 22 had surgery done in July last year after that I got an rvf but my surgeon my Obgyn n colon doc acting as if they don't know what's wrong or what to do & I'm suffering any advice?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Email me plz ***@**** put fistula as subject thanx
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Surgery Community Resources