Rectovaginal fistula
I recently developed a RVF after childbirth. How hard are they to fix and what is the success rate for them being fixed on the first time. I am nervous about the surgery but haven't met with my colorectal surgeon yet. Thanks
Hi. I developed one of these in April after my Hyst surgery. I also had some rectal muscle repair. I had to wait 8 weeks to heal from that surgery to have the RVF fixed. My Gyn did this repair (same dr that did the first surgery). It did not work. I had to go to a UroGyn that specilized in pelvic floor surgery and have a 3rd surgery. Both drs go to Africa  and do 1000's of these surgeries. I guess I was just a lucky one that it recurred. This UroGyn did a Martius graft and it worked Fantastic! The pain was almost Non-exsistant! The first 2 surgeries were awful! I have 3 school age kids and I was totally out of commision all summer.
A Martius graft is something to ask about. Make sure you find the right dr for this surgery! That is key..
Thanks for answering! I look forward to hopefully getting this fixed soon!
Hey I'm 22 had surgery done in July last year after that I got an rvf but my surgeon my Obgyn n colon doc acting as if they don't know what's wrong or what to do & I'm suffering any advice?
Email me plz ***@**** put fistula as subject thanx