Ruptured Appendix
My Appendix ruptured & caused a major infection in all my main organs.  But, my wound was stapled up then about a few days later another doctor came in and opened it back up..  Was it supposed to be left open when i got outta surgery or was it supposed to be stapled?
There must be collection (of pus/ blood or seroma) in the stich line, which is a common problem in infected surgery like ruptured appendix. If it is left behind it wil never heal and will keep on progressing inside till it becomes a realy big abscess, so it is advisable to drain it outside. Infact it should be left open after surgery in very infected wounds and closed later on after few days when all signs of infection has subsided. But now due to avalability of very good antibiotics some surgeons take a chance and try to close it at the first surgery itself, which obviously did not work in your case.
Don't worry opening of wound is definately a better opetion, it will take few more days but healing will be complete
Best wishes
thank you